+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Experience & Questionnaire Help

mohshar

Aug 26, 2014
Hello Folks,

I applied for TRV online on 17th Aug and got the passport request on 21st Aug. I have submitted my passport for Visa stamp on 25th Aug and waiting for the passport to return. The overall process was ruthlessly smooth without any problem. I submitted everything online and the entire processing was a breeze. I am an Indian Citizen and have a valid US B1/B2 and have travelled many times to Europe/U.S/Asia.

Now, I will be applying for my Wife's visa upon my return from Canada, I tried to fill in the questionnaire for eligibility and checklist but I have a doubt about a question. It says "Have you legally travelled to Canada/US? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time." What does this "family member you may be travelling with at this time" means? I will be accompanying my wife when she visits Canada, but Is this question asking only about her or about her family member like me(husband). It's confusing, I have travelled to US and will travel to Canada shorty, would that make this question's answer as "Yes".

My wife and me along-with our children have travelled to countries like Singapore and Dubai so yes she does have a little travel history but Canadian Visa application unlike US visa form does not ask 'Who are you travelling with?", "Do they have a valid US Visa?"

At the end, Do I holding a valid US and Canadian visa with travelling history gives any edge to my wife's application, when she apply?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
mohshar said:
Now, I will be applying for my Wife's visa upon my return from Canada, I tried to fill in the questionnaire for eligibility and checklist but I have a doubt about a question. It says "Have you legally travelled to Canada/US? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time." What does this "family member you may be travelling with at this time" means? I will be accompanying my wife when she visits Canada, but Is this question asking only about her or about her family member like me(husband). It's confusing, I have travelled to US and will travel to Canada shorty, would that make this question's answer as "Yes".
Why is it confusing? It says "any family member you may be travelling with at this time" therefore if you are travelling with her then the answer is yes....

mohshar said:
My wife and me along-with our children have travelled to countries like Singapore and Dubai so yes she does have a little travel history but Canadian Visa application unlike US visa form does not ask 'Who are you travelling with?", "Do they have a valid US Visa?"
US and Canada are different countries... so why should we compare? They are expected to be different.

mohshar said:
At the end, Do I holding a valid US and Canadian visa with travelling history gives any edge to my wife's application, when she apply?
Yes and no. It all depends in your specifics. Generally speaking it is good that a traveller has a US visa as it is a hard Visa to get but well, you never know.

mohshar

Aug 26, 2014
Got the passport back on 28th Aug with Visa valid till 2022, In fact the validity is just a day less than the validity of my passport. I again like to reiterate that the process was very efficient, I started it on 17th Aug and finished with it by 28th.

meandu301

Mar 25, 2020
Hi 2 everyone.I am indian passport holder..My 4 years old daughter has valid us visa and now I wish to apply canada visa and would like to visit canada with her... i tried to fill the elligibility questionaire--what should i fill there---Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time ---should i fill answer YES or No

Reactions: naveenx2007

naveenx2007

Jan 24, 2021
Got the passport back on 28th Aug with Visa valid till 2022, In fact the validity is just a day less than the validity of my passport. I again like to reiterate that the process was very efficient, I started it on 17th Aug and finished with it by 28th.
have u got visa for your wife?

naveenx2007

Jan 24, 2021
Hi 2 everyone.I am indian passport holder..My 4 years old daughter has valid us visa and now I wish to apply canada visa and would like to visit canada with her... i tried to fill the elligibility questionaire--what should i fill there---Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time ---should i fill answer YES or No
have u got visa for your wife ?