+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV document checklist ?

vrk1990

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hi,

I am planning to visit Canada for couple of weeks. My dad is paying for the trip.

what are the documents that I need to produce for my father ( Finance support)

I am applying for India.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Employed. I am working in a software company and I am a recent graduate
If you are a recent graduate, it would be best if you defer your visit until you have worked for at least 8-10 months to establish employment ties (as well as financial ties to some extent).

Having your dad pay for your visit when you are an employed adult won't seem positive for your application. If you still wish to apply under the current circumstances, you must include your dad's bank statements + his income tax returns + a letter of financial support + copies of any financial investments which can be liquidated, if required

vrk1990

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
If you are a recent graduate, it would be best if you defer your visit until you have worked for at least 8-10 months to establish employment ties (as well as financial ties to some extent).

Having your dad pay for your visit when you are an employed adult won't seem positive for your application. If you still wish to apply under the current circumstances, you must include your dad's bank statements + his income tax returns + a letter of financial support + copies of any financial investments which can be liquidated, if required
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

1) I had worked more than 8 months in the company - which would provide me strong ties
2) I will make sure that I will add my dad's bank statements + his income tax returns + a letter of financial support + copies of any financial investments which can be liquidated,

How many years of VISA will I get ? ( 10 years multiple entry or until my passport expiry)

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) I had worked more than 8 months in the company - which would provide me strong ties
Merely being employed does not equate to having strong ties.

Your employment would be considered as a strong reason to return if your co-workers cannot do the work you do..... and/or if you have specialized skills..... and/or if you must return for some critical work commitment.... and/or if you earn above average salary levels.

2) I will make sure that I will add my dad's bank statements + his income tax returns + a letter of financial support + copies of any financial investments which can be liquidated,
Maybe you should prove that you can afford the visit with your own finances. That would give you significantly higher chances of a TRV approval as compared to applying as a financial dependent on your dad (despite the fact that you are employed).

How many years of VISA will I get ? ( 10 years multiple entry or until my passport expiry)
You're getting ahead of yourself. A TRV approval will depend on a number of factors: Purpose and length of visit + your individual strong ties to your home country + your financial situation + your previous travel history, etc.

Based on the assessment, the visa officer will determine whether or not a TRV should be granted + the validity of the TRV