+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trv Can i apply work permit?

Pinoyako_31

Nov 24, 2020
hello,

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I badly need advice. I am married to a Canadian Citizen and I am from the Philippines. My visa status is a tourist visa.

My husband and I had a fight and he said he no longer wants this marriage. He is not willing to fix it. It is absolutely has broken my heart hearing that from him because we love each other very much. And he seems to be serious about sending me back home and not wanting us to be family again no matter how I beg.

I want to stay in Canada even if our marriage will not gonna work anymore. Do I have a chance to apply for a work permit without his sponsorship?

It is difficult for me because I have no friends here. He is the only one I have. Does anyone of you know a company that is hiring? I can work even as a Cleaner or dishwasher or anything to make me survive and make a living.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello,

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I badly need advice. I am married to a Canadian Citizen and I am from the Philippines. My visa status is a tourist visa.

My husband and I had a fight and he said he no longer wants this marriage. He is not willing to fix it. It is absolutely has broken my heart hearing that from him because we love each other very much. And he seems to be serious about sending me back home and not wanting us to be family again no matter how I beg.

I want to stay in Canada even if our marriage will not gonna work anymore. Do I have a chance to apply for a work permit without his sponsorship?

It is difficult for me because I have no friends here. He is the only one I have. Does anyone of you know a company that is hiring? I can work even as a Cleaner or dishwasher or anything to make me survive and make a living.
I'm sorry for your difficult situation.

You can apply for a work permit if you can secure a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer obtains an approved LMIA. It generally takes a number of months to get an approved LMIA so this won't be a fast process unfortunately.

Reactions: mashulia_26