+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Buffalo (from USA)

byehello1

Jul 21, 2011
it seems like Buffalo is the slowest one out there...other consulates are moving applications quicker than buffalo...I hope only a dreamer is right about the time frame!

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
If that is the case.....and here we thought sending the applications to the main visa office rather than the satellite ones, the process will be quicker....LOL

autobahnzoom

Jul 15, 2011
emr, I had a similar situation.
I got a letter from the consulate yesterday stating I overpaid. "Please pay $300 instead of $400 since the child is a US passport holder."
They had sent the letter on Aug 3 and I got it on Aug 8. I have sent new checks to reach them by Aug 10. i.e a 7 day delays overall.
My original application date was July 19. I am now doubtful about getting the passports back by Aug 25th(when I have to travel), let's see.
I have emailed them enquiring if the clock will be reset to 31 days or if it will still get processed in 31 days..
Do you know?

Please keep me posted when you received your passports..

emr said:
Oh okie!!

They recd our applications on 9th June;
They recd the revised cheque on 21st July.......

So am wondering do I need to count 30 days from 21st July :mad:

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Oh you as well ....

So I am guessing that when they finally opened my applications after 1.25 months of receiving it, the first thing they checked was the cheque :)
They started processing our applications on 21st July (when they recd the revised cheque).....so hopefully I should be rec'g our pp's third/fourth week of Aug.....right.....hmm wondering :D

I sent them an email too....quite sometime back...no response as usual.....

Will def keep you posted when I finally do receive the pp's.....pls do let me know when you hear something or receive your pp's.....thnx!!!!

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Anyone heard anything :( this is so, so, so frustrating

In another 3 weeks our DL's expires.......

brarmanv

Aug 10, 2011
Hii,

Me too sent my TRV application on 29 June but no response. :( Plz tell me you got yr passport or still waitng.

Waiting yr answer.
Manvir

autobahnzoom

Jul 15, 2011
Some dates:
EMR
June 9: Application received at consulate
July 18: Request for correct payment received by EMR
July 21: New Payment received at Consulate
Waiting...

Autobahnzoom
July 19: Application received at consulate
Aug 8: Request for correct payment received by autobahnzoom
Aug 10: New Payment received at Consulate
Waiting...

Only A Dreamer
June 28: Application Application received at consulate
Aug 12: Fort Erie Post office received package
Aug 15: Package delivered
47 Days

Nitma
May 20: Application Application received at consulate
June 17: Package sent on Xpresspost
June 20: Package Delivered
31 days

Maine 17
May 31: Application Application received at consulate
July 12: Package Delivered
42 days

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Thnx Autobahnzoom!!!

We tried calling them again but in vain.....could you get any response from their end....about resetting the days to a month (min)??

autobahnzoom

Jul 15, 2011
I haven't called them. I had sent an email on Aug 9 asking for an estimated date. No response to that.
Can we call them? what number are you calling.
The website says:
Please note that the Immigration Regional Programme Centre does not accept telephone calls. If you need to contact the Regional Programme Centre regarding an application already in process, you must send a letter, e-mail or fax to :
Mailing Address : Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Regional Programme Centre
3000 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York 14203-2884
Fax: (716) 852-2477 or (716) 858-9591
Email : buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

emr said:
Thnx Autobahnzoom!!!

We tried calling them again but in vain.....could you get any response from their end....about resetting the days to a month (min)??

autobahnzoom

Jul 15, 2011
I got a standard reply.

"You application is under process. We are unable to provide specific status. If you need your passport, we can return it without the Visa."

Not very helpful. No trackign info on the XpressPost envelopes. I am think of waiting until Tue and then reschedule my trip. Some change fee involved for the tickets, but I am helpless here.

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Real sad state of affairs......a month up since we sent our revised cheque.....

Cranky007 recd his pp with visa......