+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV APPROVED WITH ONGOING SPOUSAL OUTLAND APPLICATION

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
I applied for TRV in September and was approved

Applied for Outland online in October but yet to get AOR

I am planning to enter Canada in March hoping before the end of my 6 months stay, the spousal outland would be ready….

I need your counsel;

1. How will I inform IRCC that I am already in Canada?

2. Can I do my medical in Canada

3. How will I send my passport for to VFS from Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

1. Change of address by webform.

2. Yes.

3. If you are in Canada when the passport request comes, right now the practice is to do an in-country or virtual landing - no need to leave or cross the border to finalize. (Something to do with computers).

Note, if at the end of about five months it still isn't complete, you can apply to extend your TRV stay. (Extend before just so you don't inadvertently end up out of status)

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Thank
1. Change of address by webform.

2. Yes.

3. If you are in Canada when the passport request comes, right now the practice is to do an in-country or virtual landing - no need to leave or cross the border to finalize. (Something to do with computers).

Note, if at the end of about five months it still isn't complete, you can apply to extend your TRV stay. (Extend before just so you don't inadvertently end up out of status)

Thanks for the immediate response!
For 3. How do i do the in-country or virtual landing? Kindly help with further details. Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For 3. How do i do the in-country or virtual landing? Kindly help with further details. Thank you!
There will be instructions. And multiple threads on this. Why bother with details when it's yet months away? Log in, send email, get response, computer something, submit electronic photos, blah blah blah.

Also the chances of changes to the details of how you log-in and that may well change between now and then. Not worth worrying about the details this far in advance - but the general that you can complete the process within Canada almost certainly won't change.

Last edited:
Reactions: AyodejiA

aussiepete

Oct 31, 2009
Whitehorse Yukon
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2005
File Transfer...
14-01-2006
Passport Req..
23-01-2006
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2006
LANDED..........
23-03-2006

I am planning to enter Canada in March hoping before the end of my 6 months stay, the spousal outland would be ready….

I need your counsel;

So you applied for a TRV before you submitted the sponsorship? How did you get approved? Im getting marred in May and will be submitting a sponsorship for my wife in June. I want to get her hear ASAP on a TRV if possible during the sponsorship processing

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
There will be instructions. And multiple threads on this. Why bother with details when it's yet months away? Log in, send email, get response, computer something, submit electronic photos, blah blah blah.

Also the chances of changes to the details of how you log-in and that may well change between now and then. Not worth worrying about the details this far in advance - but the general that you can complete the process within Canada almost certainly won't change.
Thank you so much for clarification
Really appreciated!

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Yes
I applied for TRV before spousal sponsorship and it was approved!

So you applied for a TRV before you submitted the sponsorship? How did you get approved? Im getting marred in May and will be submitting a sponsorship for my wife in June. I want to get her hear ASAP on a TRV if possible during the sponsorship processing

layiolat

May 31, 2023

I need your counsel;

Hello.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation and I'm wondering how it all went. Could you kindly give any updates?

Thank you.