+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV approved for both Visitor and Work Permit

jenny28865

Sep 14, 2021
Hi,

Earlier this year, I had applied for my PGWP from India in March 2021 and was waiting for its approval. Frustrated by the long waiting time, I applied for a visitor TRV as well in September 2021. I was separated from my partner for more than a year and that lead me to apply for a second TRV on the grounds of family reunification.

As of November 2021, both my TRVs are approved - work permit for 3 years and visitor visa as well. I have already received the stamping for worker visa in my passport. I want to know if it is wise to get the visitor visa stamping as well, since it's already approved and I don't want it to go to waste. Will it interfere with my worker visa? I do not know for how long the visitor visa is approved, I only received PPR.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
hello,
To fly to Canada I think you need that TRV, the work permit alone does not grant you access into canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Earlier this year, I had applied for my PGWP from India in March 2021 and was waiting for its approval. Frustrated by the long waiting time, I applied for a visitor TRV as well in September 2021. I was separated from my partner for more than a year and that lead me to apply for a second TRV on the grounds of family reunification.

As of November 2021, both my TRVs are approved - work permit for 3 years and visitor visa as well. I have already received the stamping for worker visa in my passport. I want to know if it is wise to get the visitor visa stamping as well, since it's already approved and I don't want it to go to waste. Will it interfere with my worker visa? I do not know for how long the visitor visa is approved, I only received PPR.
You get V1 for both applications so not sure what you want to do.