+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Approval with Outland Spousal Pending--Advice on what to do?

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Please I need help on what to do?

I applied for TRV in September but when no response was coming forth, went ahead to apply for Family Class Outland in October.

I just got approval for TRV. I was initially planning to apply for Spousal Inland and Work Permit but now I have applied for Outland

I don’t want to travel to Canada with no hope of applying for Work permit

Please what should I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I applied for TRV in September but when no response was coming forth, went ahead to apply for Family Class Outland in October.

I just got approval for TRV. I was initially planning to apply for Spousal Inland and Work Permit but now I have applied for Outland

Please what should I do?
You have a decision to make.

You do not qualify for a work permit with the Outland sponsorship process. One option is to keep the Outland application processing. However then you won't qualify for an open work permit.

The other option is to withdraw the Outland application, travel to Canada and then submit a brand new Inland application with the open work permit included in the application package. Since this is what you were initially planning on doing, perhaps that's the best option for you.

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015

Please what should I do?
I'm actually trying to get a TRV for my spouse too. Any tips on how to get spousal TRV approved? I heard that it can be a very difficult process.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Please what should I do?
Also note that OWP included in inland sponsorship is taking a long time to be approved. Some even don't get it until AIP (at the end of the process). I don't know if it has improved or not by now. Before COVID, it used to take 4 to 6 months for OWP approval. You need to check the trend now. But if it's AIP, that's close to a year.

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
You have a decision to make.

You do not qualify for a work permit with the Outland sponsorship process. One option is to keep the Outland application processing. However then you won't qualify for an open work permit.

The other option is to withdraw the Outland application, travel to Canada and then submit a brand new Inland application with the open work permit included in the application package. Since this is what you were initially planning on doing, perhaps that's the best option for you.
I am not planning to cancel the outland because the inland takes longer time and the Open Work Permit might also take like 3 months. I hope by this time the Outland would already be at the concluding phase.

Thank you for your response!

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
I'm actually trying to get a TRV for my spouse too. Any tips on how to get spousal TRV approved? I heard that it can be a very difficult process.
Don't apply for a longer duration of time (in my case I put in just 3 weeks)
Make sure you strengthen the fact that you are married. Add wedding pictures and outing pictures with description
Put in your employment letter both sponsor and applicant. Put in 6 months payslips (both of you)
Put in your planned itenary (specify when you will be resting, going on tourist and shopping etc
Make it very simple!

Reactions: drummerlover33

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Also note that OWP included in inland sponsorship is taking a long time to be approved. Some even don't get it until AIP (at the end of the process). I don't know if it has improved or not by now. Before COVID, it used to take 4 to 6 months for OWP approval. You need to check the trend now. But if it's AIP, that's close to a year.
This is the main reason i am not withdrawing the outland application.
Thank you!

Reactions: YVR123

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Just want to share our experience, we also have an outland application submitted January 2020 and when we hit the 1 year mark we applied for a TRV February 2021. We were hoping that once my husband lands as a visitor it will speed up the process. He arrived September 29 and got spousal application finalized by November 9. What is the current status of your application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just want to share our experience, we also have an outland application submitted January 2020 and when we hit the 1 year mark we applied for a TRV February 2021. We were hoping that once my husband lands as a visitor it will speed up the process. He arrived September 29 and got spousal application finalized by November 9. What is the current status of your application?
Arriving in Canada had no influence on his processing time

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019

I applied for spousal outland 27 days ago. I have not even received AOR....