+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied offline(india) 2018

Cherrykhosla

May 7, 2018
hello,I have applied for TRV for me and my parents on 26th april.Got messages on same day that all three files have been forwarded and now the status have been changed to that file is in process.Any idea how many days it will take because my mother is a government employee and we can only visit there in may june for vocations.TIA

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hello,I have applied for TRV for me and my parents on 26th april.Got messages on same day that all three files have been forwarded and now the status have been changed to that file is in process.Any idea how many days it will take because my mother is a government employee and we can only visit there in may june for vocations.TIA
Processing time varies from application to application. It could take a few days to a few months depending on the specifics of the application.

Does your mother work in the defense services/ police/ judiciary/ government department in a sensitive work area? If yes, then it is possible that processing could take longer. But again, it really depends on the visa office + your mom's work specifics

Reactions: Cherrykhosla

Cherrykhosla

May 7, 2018
Processing time varies from application to application. It could take a few days to a few months depending on the specifics of the application.

Does your mother work in the defense services/ police/ judiciary/ government department in a sensitive work area? If yes, then it is possible that processing could take longer. But again, it really depends on the visa office + your mom's work specifics
No,she doesn’t work in judiciary or defence department.She is working as a Store keeper in state government office and my dad is retired from government job.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No,she doesn’t work in judiciary or defence department.She is working as a Store keeper in state government office and my dad is retired from government job.
Chances of background checks for your mother are slim.

The same logic for background checks would apply to your dad even though he is retired

Cherrykhosla

May 7, 2018
Chances of background checks for your mother are slim.

The same logic for background checks would apply to your dad even though he is retired
Thank you so much for this information and also we have booked hotel in Vancouver for 15th may and attached that booking information with my documents,But we haven’t get any reply fyet and Thursday it’s going to be 2 weeks.We are expec

Ankit1986

May 1, 2018
All the best Cherry, keep us posted, BTW i also applied on the exact same day in Delhi-offline for my family of 7 (including myself). We too are in bit of a soup as we have US interview on 21 May, and need the passport back by then.

In the Visa site my udate already reads
Background Check Not applicable.

I am also attaching screenshot of the status summary for your reference, would be great to see yours too, as would help to compare

https://prnt.sc/jf7ncs

saurabhjain85

Apr 30, 2018
I applied on 2nd May and no response yet after the two starting emails having the same description as in your screenshot.
Does anyone of you has US travel history in last 10 years?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much for this information and also we have booked hotel in Vancouver for 15th may and attached that booking information with my documents,But we haven’t get any reply fyet and Thursday it’s going to be 2 weeks.We are expec
Hope you have not paid for the hotel

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied on 2nd May and no response yet after the two starting emails having the same description as in your screenshot.
Does anyone of you has US travel history in last 10 years?
Have you tried linking your paper applications to your online account?

IMO, it is too early for you to expect any updates/decisions so soon because you applied less than one week ago.... unless, your applications/specifics are exceptional to result in very quick decisions

saurabhjain85

Apr 30, 2018
I
Have you tried linking your paper applications to your online account?

IMO, it is too early for you to expect any updates/decisions so soon because you applied less than one week ago.... unless, your applications/specifics are exceptional to result in very quick decisions
applied online and till now no response. Is paper application faster than online?