+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in Jan 2017. Share your timeline and processing times.

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Sal90 said:
Hey guys,
This is my timeline:
Online submit: Jan 12th 2017
Passport Request: Jan 16th
Passport sent: Jan 17th
Delivery confirmation: Jan 20th
And now waiting to get it back. A bit nervous now, how long should it take. Processing time says 9 days
What is your visa office? :)

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
January 30, 2017 (Additional Documents)
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
Lashen said:
You should always mention that you have sponsorship application going on. It's called dual-intent: you have applied to stay in Canada permanently and now you have applied to visit temporarily. So declaring dual-intent means you have been sincere and visa officers normally issue visa. In your case, it could be an issue if you don't have strong financial and family ties. Do you have children in Philippians?
Hey, Sorry for replying late, I have received a message that they need my original passport and a letter saying they have already made their decision, today I drove to VFS and paid the necessary fees. Could have I got approved?? :eek: ;D I have no kids, either my husband (he was divorced) so yes, I do live with both of my parents, and my younger sibling is a seafarer so I doubt that that's a good family tie. but financial, I only had declared a bank statement amounting to $3500 CAD. and did give them a certificate from my car loan which will mature year 2020. That's all the debt I have here. Oh, I am currently paying for a lot which I didn't declare since it was in Tagalog and if I wanted to include that I would have to get it Translated and signed by a solicitor/lawyer. But so far, they are asking for my passport.

Zuhebreem

Feb 24, 2016
hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi high commission of Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 6'2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
Dec 21'2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
dec 24'2015
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
may 3'2016
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 11'2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27'2016
LANDED..........
May 12'2016
Hi there,
This is timeline for my parents visitors visa

Submitted from vfs hyd on 27 jan 2017,
In process: 30 Jan 2017,

Waiting for approval......

abdul9986

Nov 14, 2016
Chennai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mainhost said:
No, it is not required. You just need to give them approximate dates and what is approximate plan. Example: Visit Toronot Data: X- Y, Visit Montreal Date: A-B, etc.

It is good to have you return ticket, but it is not required.

THANK YOU for ur reply

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
Sharing my own timeline. Note I applied in Riyadh.

Jan 25: Submitted online application for TRV and received confirmation on same date
Jan 26: Update
Jan 30: Passport Request and submitted to VFS for stamping
February 2: Received passport with multiple entry valid until expiration (2021)

Jaydeepsinh

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
I would appreciate your help on below:

Background: I am Canadian PR living with my wife and my parents are retired government officer. My elder sister is government teacher in India.

I am also targeting apply TRV for my parents and my elder sister shortly and here is my confusion:

1) In my invitation letter, I showed three (3) week visit with an explanation justifying my sister is Government employee and my parents are retired and has obligation to look after my grand parents. Please advise is this sufficient?

2) Do I need to send original copy of my notarized invitation letter to them so that they can submit along with application? Please advise

3) Is Police Clearance Certificate is required for TRV less than 6 month visit? Please advise

4) Do they require to send original passport when they submit the application? Please advise

5) For proof of financial support: My sister is going to show 3.25 lacks INR in bank balance and 3.84 lacks in Fixed Deposit. My parents are going to show: Father: 3.72 lacks INR in bank balance and 10.31 lacks in Fixed Deposit, Mother being house wife: 4.24 INR in bank balance and 1.99 lacks in Fixed Deposit. Note: My parents are retired and does not hold any property on their name. Will this suffice to justify strong ties to the country? Please advise.

6) Which method of application is best suitable - Online or paper base considering my parents does not have good command on computer? Please advise

Thank you.

merger

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. sent 28-03-2012 / App. Received 30-03-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
File Transfer...
received by CEM 09-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-02-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
PPR date 05-09-2012 / letter received 10-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2012 / visa received 26-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012 :)
Hi guys,

Just a question please.. I read some posts here about 'linking a TRV application to your online CIC account'? What does that mean?

Thank you

abdul9986

Nov 14, 2016
Chennai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
merger said:
Hi guys,

Just a question please.. I read some posts here about 'linking a TRV application to your online CIC account'? What does that mean?

Thank you
If you applied through VFS , then you can link that application number to CIC account to check the process details :)

PR1609

Dec 11, 2016
WIndsor, ON
Hello everyone

TRV Application Type: Online Submission

Submitted on: 24th January 2017
Submission confirmation: Same day
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: Same day
Passport Request: 8th February, 2017
Mailed passport via USPS priority mail express with prepaid return envelope of priority mail express to VAC, New York: Same day
Got tracking ID from VAC: 10th February, 2017
Status on VAC website changed to 'Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC': 13th Feb, 2017
Status on CIC account changed to 'Closed' and 'Approved': 13th Feb, 2017
Status on VAC website changed to 'Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC': 14th Feb, 2017
Received Passport with stamped visa via USPS: 16th Feb, 2017 :)

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
PR1609 said:
Hello everyone

TRV Application Type: Online Submission

Submitted on: 24th January 2017
Submission confirmation: Same day
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: Same day
Passport Request: 8th February, 2017
Mailed passport via USPS priority mail express with prepaid return envelope of priority mail express to VAC, New York: Same day
Got tracking ID from VAC: 10th February, 2017
Status on VAC website changed to 'Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC': 13th Feb, 2017
Status on CIC account changed to 'Closed' and 'Approved': 13th Feb, 2017
Status on VAC website changed to 'Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC': 14th Feb, 2017
Received Passport with stamped visa via USPS: 16th Feb, 2017 :)
Where is your visa office?

roshan02

Dec 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
Med's Request
25-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-05-2014
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
Delay in Visitor Visa Processing over 35 business days

Hello Everyone,

I had submitted for Visitor Visa Application for my Brother in Law and their family online from India on 3rd January 2017. There is no update yet on the status of their application other than the initial confirmation message. The application is being processed in New Delhi office. We have already sent a case specific enquiry twice with no avail. Has anyone else had such delay. Excluding Public Holidays it has been 35 Business days. Also, please advise what can be done to know what is happening with their application. Is there a phone number at CIC where we can reach out to know this.

Thanks
Roshan

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Re: Delay in Visitor Visa Processing over 35 business days

roshan02 said:
I had submitted for Visitor Visa Application for my Brother in Law and their family online from India on 3rd January 2017. There is no update yet on the status of their application other than the initial confirmation message. The application is being processed in New Delhi office. We have already sent a case specific enquiry twice with no avail. Has anyone else had such delay. Excluding Public Holidays it has been 35 Business days. Also, please advise what can be done to know what is happening with their application. Is there a phone number at CIC where we can reach out to know this.
There's nothing else that you can do apart from the CSEs. You cannot contact the visa office directly, nor will CIC take your call/allow you inside the visa office.

IRCC did not respond to your CSEs because you had sent the CSEs before the estimated processing time was exceeded. Also, it could take up to 30 days to get a reply to a CSE.

Does your brother-in-law/one of the applicants work in the police, defense services, political organization or the judiciary?
Did your brother-in-law/one of the applicants visit/worked/lived in a war-stricken country?
Was one of the applicants refused a visa for some other country previously?

Regardless, these applications have not taken that long (not as yet). Processing times posted on the IRCC website are only estimates