Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Hi all, can you please share your timelines for TRV Applications from Dubai using VFS Global? My sister applied on May 4,2015. There has been no update so far only says in process. How long does it usually take? The website says 14 business days. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks!

mna-991

Jun 9, 2015
I had submitted my application with my family's also from VFS Dubai Office on 19th April 2015, Since then no reply.. Online tracking still says it’s under process at Canada Visa office Abu Dhabi..
I had sent a follow up email to embassy on May 28th but no reply other than automated response.

Called up VFS Dubai couple of time their first question is what is your nationality? and if it is Pakistan then every time they tell you it will take longer last time I was advised that it may take up to 2 months for Pakistani nationals to get any response of visa application either successful or not.

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
Hello,

Did anyone. who is a Pakistani national, get a TRV decision from Abu Dhabi recently? can you please share your timelines? When the VFS online application tracking says in process at Abu Dhabi does it mean actually mean the application is being looked at or it could be in Queue? is it also true rejections come in much faster like within a few days of submitting the application or it could be much after? can one request for an update if it has been past the processing time as published on the CIC website?

Appreciate any helps and or comments : )

Anila123

Aug 26, 2015
Same story here...applied on 26th Julyno answer yet,sent them an email got a message regarding some background check going on...... :eek: still waiting. ..

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
what was the proposed date for your travel..!!.

I was planning to pick mid of november to visit canada and return in 2 weeks, so according to what u guys r saying that the processing is taking almost 2 months for certain nationalities , i am from yemen, so what u advice me to do regarding the proposed date of travel, can i for example select april 2016 and apply for it from now or there must be a short time frame between applying for TRV and the date of travel...!!...please advise

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
Anila123 said:
Same story here...applied on 26th Julyno answer yet,sent them an email got a message regarding some background check going on...... :eek: still waiting. ..
Hmm seems like background check for Pakistani nationals is a lengthy process, how long after applying did you send the email and who did you send it to? Thanks

Yorker13, I have heard good to apply 2-3 months before date of travel

Anila123

Aug 26, 2015
I sent them an email after 4 wks, and it was for case enquiry abudhabi...
I resend them an email last wk too that went unanswered.
I already have US+UK visa...and traveled as a tourist to number of places....but still for visit visa for Canada I don't know why taking so long.

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
Hi everyone!
Can I print bank statement by my self or it has to be stamped by bank ?
For invitation letters and other supporting documents i have to give copies or originals ?

thanks...

Isra Suhail

Sep 13, 2015
Hmm .. well I'm a pakistani national living in AD ...
Ya tats so true .. wen visa is said to be rejected v get rply within 15 dayz .. yeterday i got refused for Canada TRV just for some useless reasons :'( .. anyone here got approved for TRV ?
I need some advice ..

Guras

Jul 17, 2015
Greetings !!!
I have applied my TRV from VFS dubai on 06-09-2015 and approval came on 14-09-2015.Great Help by Bryanna for documentations !!!

Rgds
Santosh

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Isra Suhail said:
Hmm .. well I'm a pakistani national living in AD ...
Ya tats so true .. wen visa is said to be rejected v get rply within 15 dayz .. yeterday i got refused for Canada TRV just for some useless reasons :'( .. anyone here got approved for TRV ?
I need some advice ..
Hi Isra,

Maybe I can help..... can you please share the list of documents submitted by your dad/mom/your siblings (separately) + duration of their intended visit + purpose of their visit + family members in Canada versus members in UAE

Cheers

Isra Suhail

Sep 13, 2015
Well Bryanna ... thank you so much for your attention I wil be really really very grate ful if you would advice me something .. Following were the documents
Trade license
1oo% ownership document
My sibling's school Id cards copies
Passport copies, visa copies
Travel itinery
Address of my mom's siblings
6 months bank statment (around 2 lakh dhs)
They intended to stay there just for days
Tourism was the purpose of visit.
We dont have any one in canda .. Ya but me and my sister who is above 18, he did not apply our visa .. We were supposed to stay here in UAE with my grandparents (dad's parents) .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Isra,

I'll try to help.... here are my suggestions.

Your dad (as the principal applicant) must prove his employment/business ties in the UAE with more solid evidence.

Also, as most of your family intends to travel together (your parents and 4 siblings), this may create an impression of wanting to overstay their visit. You and your sister are over the age of 18 years, so this means you are not exactly dependents.

You can also have a look at the Document Checklist for your country of nationality.... and ensure you have submitted all necessary documents and evidence.

For your dad:
Proof of UAE residence permit + copy of valid investor visa (did he also invest in real estate for the investor visa?) + proofs of business (trade license + company bank statements + audit report/balance sheet + any other proofs to show the business is actively trading + his earnings from the business + proofs of his responsibilities in the business + his personal bank account statements + any financial investments)

Also, if he owns property then proofs of it along with the current market value (assessment by a CA)

For your mom
Proof of sponsorship by your dad on the investor visa + marriage certificate + proofs of any financial investments/property, etc jointly/individually owned by her + bank statements.

For your siblings
Proof of sponsorship by your dad on the investor visa + Proof of admission to the school for the current academic year + letter of approval from the school authorities permitting them to take leave from school for XX days + school ID copies + if they have exams shortly after they return

If you don't have an invitation letter from friends/relatives in Canada then your family must show provisional hotel bookings + prepare a day-by-day itinerary showing the places they will visit along with expense estimates.

Also your dad and mom can prepare one explanation.... My Strong Ties to the UAE.... in this make separate sections for property ties + employment/business including current value of it + family ties (brief details of family members who are not accompanying them along with proofs of staying in the same house.... especially if your grandparents are dependent on your parents for financial/well being.... same for you/your sister along with proofs that you/your sister are in college/studying) + financial situation (earnings/investments/rental income, etc)

If your family have visited other countries (which require visas) then each of them can make an explanation: My Travel History (brief details of the visas + entry/exit dates + purpose of visit + copies/scanned visas issued)

Hope this helps :)

haris_af

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Isra,

I'll try to help.... here are my suggestions.

Your dad (as the principal applicant) must prove his employment/business ties in the UAE with more solid evidence.

Also, as most of your family intends to travel together (your parents and 4 siblings), this may create an impression of wanting to overstay their visit. You and your sister are over the age of 18 years, so this means you are not exactly dependents.

You can also have a look at the Document Checklist for your country of nationality.... and ensure you have submitted all necessary documents and evidence.

For your dad:
Proof of UAE residence permit + copy of valid investor visa (did he also invest in real estate for the investor visa?) + proofs of business (trade license + company bank statements + audit report/balance sheet + any other proofs to show the business is actively trading + his earnings from the business + proofs of his responsibilities in the business + his personal bank account statements + any financial investments)

Also, if he owns property then proofs of it along with the current market value (assessment by a CA)

For your mom
Proof of sponsorship by your dad on the investor visa + marriage certificate + proofs of any financial investments/property, etc jointly/individually owned by her + bank statements.

For your siblings
Proof of sponsorship by your dad on the investor visa + Proof of admission to the school for the current academic year + letter of approval from the school authorities permitting them to take leave from school for XX days + school ID copies + if they have exams shortly after they return

If you don't have an invitation letter from friends/relatives in Canada then your family must show provisional hotel bookings + prepare a day-by-day itinerary showing the places they will visit along with expense estimates.

Also your dad and mom can prepare one explanation.... My Strong Ties to the UAE.... in this make separate sections for property ties + employment/business including current value of it + family ties (brief details of family members who are not accompanying them along with proofs of staying in the same house.... especially if your grandparents are dependent on your parents for financial/well being.... same for you/your sister along with proofs that you/your sister are in college/studying) + financial situation (earnings/investments/rental income, etc)

If your family have visited other countries (which require visas) then each of them can make an explanation: My Travel History (brief details of the visas + entry/exit dates + purpose of visit + copies/scanned visas issued)

Hope this helps :)

Hello Bryanna,
I have been accepted to a graduate program in Canada, NL. I applied for Study Permit from Dubai, and its rejected because of Ties to the country of residence.

I am an Indian citizen living in Dubai since 2012, I came here on employment visa and later on joined a university for undergraduate studies in evening time, my current status in Dubai is of worker ie I am on a work visa.

Please help me to complete my documentations so that I can prove my ties to country of residence.