+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application & travelling

Oct 18, 2018
Hey - My current situation is if my implied status is denied - I will have 90 days to contest this. However I will immediately apply for visitor status instead. My dilemma is however I need to go to the USA & I am hoping my application for visitor status will be approved before I have to go. I can and will also apply for an eTA if necessary.

I have no intentions of staying long term in Canada however once I go to the States I need to return to Canada for a few weeks so I can pack all my belongings and have them shipped home, I will have given my 2 months notice to my land lord but will help my room mate secure a new tenant, change over the bills to her name, I would like to spend one Christmas with my friends & in mid January the flights back home are significantly cheaper.

I assume when I cross the border back into Canada I will have to prove I intend on leaving again? Will showing proof of bills being switched, a flight home, proof of events (I am in a wedding party in January), my room available for rent, job searches and applications back home & even an affidavit if need be from a barrister proof enough to border control that I will be leaving? Also I really do not wish to jeopardize any further visits I make to Canada in the future so again this is why I really wish to prove my intent that I will not surpass my stay! As well I worked previously for an American company & intend to work for them again in the future so I do not wish for a visa infraction to affect any potential opportunities there...

Thank you for any help and guidance you can offer.