+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application transfer after PPR

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Hi. I’m in need of some help. I had applied in Canada for a TRV on September 6 but travelled to India due to an emergency. I got PPR on October 5 and sent passport through two-way courier. My passport reached IRCC New Delhi on October 18. On the same day I received an information letter on my CIC account saying your application has been transferred to New Delhi and the final status changed from approved to in progress. My passport is still at the IRCC office New Delhi. Will they stamp it? I’ve raised webforms and sent numerous emails to Delhi CHC.

ssakshay22

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi. I’m in need of some help. I had applied in Canada for a TRV on September 6 but travelled to India due to an emergency. I got PPR on October 5 and sent passport through two-way courier. My passport reached IRCC New Delhi on October 18. On the same day I received an information letter on my CIC account saying your application has been transferred to New Delhi and the final status changed from approved to in progress. My passport is still at the IRCC office New Delhi. Will they stamp it? I’ve raised webforms and sent numerous emails to Delhi CHC.
Do you have an update? I am about to go through this process.

ssakshay22

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi. The last update I had was that the passport is at IRCC New Delhi on October 18, 2021
Oh my, so your passport it at Delhi and you have no info about it. I hope you receive an update soon.

This is my situation - I had applied for TRV mid-july as soon as I received my PGWP and I have not received any update yet (raised 2 webforms and 2 travel exemption enquiry forms). I have an urgent need to travel to India next month and I'm worried how long the TRV processing time would take if I transfer it to India.

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
I’m really not sure how long it takes after you transfer the application. I received PPR and sent it to VFS. Then I receive an update on GCkey stating file has been transferred to New Delhi.

navlo

Nov 20, 2021
hey did you received any thing. i applied mine when i was in canada n due to emergency i fly to india now they transfered my file to india. do you have an idea how long it takes after thati. if you got your please let me know. thanks

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
hey did you received any thing. i applied mine when i was in canada n due to emergency i fly to india now they transfered my file to india. do you have an idea how long it takes after thati. if you got your please let me know. thanks
They sent passport without stamp. Still waiting. When did you apply

navlo

Nov 20, 2021
i applied when i was in canada on sep 16 the i fly to india yesterday i got email theey said your file is transfer to india. i dont know how long they will take now

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
i applied when i was in canada on sep 16 the i fly to india yesterday i got email theey said your file is transfer to india. i dont know how long they will take now
See there’s quite a few people in the same boat. My application transfer was initiated after PPR. I’ve sent webforms and emails but nothing seems to help

kk240391

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Why didn’t you directly send your passport to Canadian embassy from India? For ex: send it your friend/family in Canada and ask them to send it to IRCC Canada? Do you think this won’t work?

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Why didn’t you directly send your passport to Canadian embassy from India? For ex: send it your friend/family in Canada and ask them to send it to IRCC Canada? Do you think this won’t work?
It’s not legal to send your passport overseas. You have to be physically present in that country for it to be stamped

kk240391

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
It’s not legal to send your passport overseas. You have to be physically present in that country for it to be stamped
Okay. Then how do we initiate a transfer when we have to travel for emergency from the applied country to another?

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Okay. Then how do we initiate a transfer when we have to travel for emergency from the applied country to another?
See how things worked in this forum were that once ppr received we could send passport for stamping in India irrespective of where it was initiated. But in my case once the passport reached IRCC New Delhi, they transferred application and sent passport without stamping

Reactions: kk240391

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hey did you let IRCC know when you travelled to India on Sept 6th? Or did you directly send your passport to New Delhi? I wonder if the delay is due to IRCC assuming you're still in Canada and had to redo the visa process since you're not.