+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application in Buffalo

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
hello jarlen,

here's the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp...dont worry, maybe this week you got yours, i received mine yesterday...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jarlin0213

We applied at the same date. Got mine today - see my timeline below.

Application Sent: 23 March 2012
Xpresspost Received at Fort Erie PO: 26 March 2012
Checked Bank Draft: Encashed 4 April 2012
Xpresspost (Return) Received at Fort Erie PO: 11 April 2012
Received my Visa and PP: 13 April 2012
Visa date of issue: 5 April 2012
===================

Wait a few days - if you have not got it yet. It may be enroute now....cheers...

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
ragluf said:
Hi jarlin0213

We applied at the same date. Got mine today - see my timeline below.

Application Sent: 23 March 2012
Xpresspost Received at Fort Erie PO: 26 March 2012
Checked Bank Draft: Encashed 4 April 2012
Xpresspost (Return) Received at Fort Erie PO: 11 April 2012
Received my Visa and PP: 13 April 2012
Visa date of issue: 5 April 2012
===================

Wait a few days - if you have not got it yet. It may be enroute now....cheers...

Hi ragluf,

I just wanted to ask when did u found outbthat your bank draft was already encashed? My application was received april 25, and i called my bank to check if the bank draft is already encashed but they said it is still outstanding. Im a bit paranoid because im afraid my application wasnt processed yet until now.. I am already booked for a vacation on june 14.... Please reply.. Thank you.. Anybody who sent their TRV same date as mine?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi killjoy06,

Apologize for the delayed reply - I am actually back in the PH so I was not checking the updates regularly.

I called my bank April 5th actually - after I read in one of the threads here how to check if the BD has been encashed.

If you sent your application to the post office in Fort Erie - give it a day as this is not the date the VO received the application - this is the date the PO received the application. Give a day for the transfer to the VO.

I would suggest give it another week - you still have your vacation in June - still plenty of time as it is the 2nd week of May.

Good luck, and hope this helps....

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Thanks to this forum. I sent my TRV application to Buffalo office since I read through here that the processing time at this office is faster than in Seattle, although I live in BC. I mailed my application using Xpresspost envelope and included the return envelope using the same kind of envelope. I want to share my time line.

Mailed application (Xpresspost): 13 April 2012 (Friday), it didn't go until Monday, 16 April
Received at Fort Erie: 19 April 2012
Return envelope (Xpresspost) received at Fort Erie: 2 May 2012
Received passport: 7 May 2012
Visa issued : 27 April 2012

The delivery was 4 days each way (excluded Saturday and Sunday). I got my passport back in 3 weeks.

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
dna said:
Thanks to this forum. I sent my TRV application to Buffalo office since I read through here that the processing time at this office is faster than in Seattle, although I live in BC. I mailed my application using Xpresspost envelope and included the return envelope using the same kind of envelope. I want to share my time line.

Mailed application (Xpresspost): 13 April 2012 (Friday), it didn't go until Monday, 16 April
Received at Fort Erie: 19 April 2012
Return envelope (Xpresspost) received at Fort Erie: 2 May 2012
Received passport: 7 May 2012
Visa issued : 27 April 2012

The delivery was 4 days each way (excluded Saturday and Sunday). I got my passport back in 3 weeks.

Wow... i hope i can receive mine next week... My application was received april 25...

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
ragluf said:
Hi killjoy06,

Apologize for the delayed reply - I am actually back in the PH so I was not checking the updates regularly.

I called my bank April 5th actually - after I read in one of the threads here how to check if the BD has been encashed.

If you sent your application to the post office in Fort Erie - give it a day as this is not the date the VO received the application - this is the date the PO received the application. Give a day for the transfer to the VO.

I would suggest give it another week - you still have your vacation in June - still plenty of time as it is the 2nd week of May.

Good luck, and hope this helps....

Hi ragluf,,, thanks for the reply.... Just called my bank today and they said my bank draft was already encashed yesterday.... Thanks for all the info.. This thread really helps a lot =) it relieves my stress hahaha im just paranoid... Thanks thanks thanks

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
hi all :)

i'm also planning to apply for TRV, may i know what's the link or website where i can get info. on how to apply for one?

thank you all :)

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
akina green said:

i'm also planning to apply for TRV, may i know what's the link or website where i can get info. on how to apply for one?

[/

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d thats the link for
Buffalo... Or just type buffalo.gc.ca

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
killjoy06 said:
akina green said:

[/

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d thats the link for
Buffalo... Or just type buffalo.gc.ca

thank you so much!! :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
killjoy06 said:
Hi ragluf,,, thanks for the reply.... Just called my bank today and they said my bank draft was already encashed yesterday.... Thanks for all the info.. This thread really helps a lot =) it relieves my stress hahaha im just paranoid... Thanks thanks thanks
So did you get your visa? Or did your tracking changed to reflect that it is enroute back to you?

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
hi all,, :)

just wanna ask what forms and documents needed for TRV application :)

just making sure if i have the right one :)

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011

i have some question in filling up my application for TRV MADE OUTSIDE CANADA (IMM 5257):

Details of Visit to Canada

Question 1
From the list, indicate the purpose of your visit to Canada:
Business
Tourism (includes family visit)
Other (may include parents and grandparents Super Visa, medical visits, transit, etc.)
Note: If you selected “other” in question 1a), provide details in 1b))

(will i select "other" and put worker on it? i currently work as a live-in caregiver)

Provide details.
Question 2
Enter the dates (From – To) that you plan to stay in Canada.

(my visa was expiring in august,,what date should i put? )

Question 3
Type the amount of funds (money) in Canadian dollars that you have a
vailable to you during your stay in Canada.

(how much should i put?)

thank you so much :)

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011

some more question :)

Type the following information about the person(s) or institution(s), including schools you intend to visit during your stay in Canada:

Name (includes the name of a person or a name of an institution)
Relationship you have with them (friend, family, co-worker, etc.)
Their address in Canada (street number, street name, city or town and postal code).

(should i put the name of my employer here? )

thanks again :)

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Question 1:
choose "Other"
details: Continue working as a live in caregiver

Question 2:
I put the date from when I was going to send the application to the date when my work permit expires. Did your visa expire in August 2011 or August 2012? My visa and work permit expired last February, then I extended my work permit first and recently I applied for the TRV and it was approved.

Question 3:
I put the amount of money in my last bank statement. I include a copy of it in my application.

The person you are going to visit: type the name of your employer
Relationship to you: Employer
Address: the address of the family you work for/live with