+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trv application has been transferred to Los angeles

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
please help,
I applied for TRV in Ottawa and today, I received a letter together with my passport without visa. The letter says that my application has been transferred to Los angeles and wait to communicate with me within 30days and an interview in person is deemed necessary that I will obtain a US visa to enter US. How can I come back to Canada if they fail to give me a re entry visa? Pls help. I am a single parent here in Canada and have 4months old baby. I want to spend the rest of my maternity leave in Philippines.

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
Do you not have legal status in Canada? Why are you needing to go through the US?
I have legal status here. I just renewed my open work permit and approved until August 2019. I have a permanent residence application in progress too.

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
This does not sound right???
Yes, I dont know why. This is my 3rd time to apply for trv. Previous application was not like this. I dont like to take risks going there. What if they wont approve my application and I cant re enter canada anymore. Right?
I am hoping to hear any response from anybody who had experienced this.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Can you email CPC Ottawa asking them to reconsider the decision. You have a valid open work permit and that according to the immigration rules allow you to apply within Canada. There must be some mistake. Call CiC on Monday without delay! Okay?

I am on an open work permit and Pr in process and i just got my TRV from CPC Ottawa!! So i can only think its a mistake which they do make from time to time

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Yes, I dont know why. This is my 3rd time to apply for trv. Previous application was not like this. I dont like to take risks going there. What if they wont approve my application and I cant re enter canada anymore. Right?
I am hoping to hear any response from anybody who had experienced this.
Dont go anywhere yet My Dear. And leave your Baby where? No! Call CIC on Monday and explain the mistake and they will advise you how to take it from there. Okay? I am praying that this will be resolved soon. It sounds frightening making you feel like you are illegal or you did something wrong.

You have legal status in Canada and i know it must be a mistake

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
Can you email CPC Ottawa asking them to reconsider the decision. You have a valid open work permit and that according to the immigration rules allow you to apply within Canada. There must be some mistake. Call CiC on Monday without delay! Okay?

I am on an open work permit and Pr in process and i just got my TRV from CPC Ottawa!! So i can only think its a mistake which they do make from time to time
Thank- u
Yes I will call them on Monday.

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
Dont go anywhere yet My Dear. And leave your Baby where? No! Call CIC on Monday and explain the mistake and they will advise you how to take it from there. Okay? I am praying that this will be resolved soon. It sounds frightening making you feel like you are illegal or you did something wrong.

You have legal status in Canada and i know it must be a mistake
Thanks Lanina, I was so surprised for their actions. Our bags are already packed and good thing I didnt buy air ticket yet. How I wish and pray that they will resolve this so we can spend time with my family.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Thanks Lanina, I was so surprised for their actions. Our bags are already packed and good thing I didnt buy air ticket yet. How I wish and pray that they will resolve this so we can spend time with my family.
Pray and ask God to intervene. So when you call ask them kindly that you believe that a mistake has been made. You have a valid work permit and PR in process. Tell them the immigration rules state a person who has a valid Wp can apply within canada for a TRV. Ask them on what grounds has the case was then transfered outside canada? Tell them to send you email of advise of whatever they told you also their names and id number.

But i hope that they will see the error and that their was no grounds for this action

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pray and ask God to intervene. So when you call ask them kindly that you believe that a mistake has been made. You have a valid work permit and PR in process. Tell them the immigration rules state a person who has a valid Wp can apply within canada for a TRV. Ask them on what grounds has the case was then transfered outside canada? Tell them to send you email of advise of whatever they told you also their names and id number.

But i hope that they will see the error and that their was no grounds for this action
1. A person with a valid work permit can apply, but if an interview is required, it will be in the US.
2. IRCC will not give you a reason for the interview, you would have to apply for your GCMS notes.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi

1. A person with a valid work permit can apply, but if an interview is required, it will be in the US.
2. IRCC will not give you a reason for the interview, you would have to apply for your GCMS notes.
Wow!!