+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application - documents

Anu_express

Jul 16, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am a 41 year old married female and have 2 school going daughters. I am working as a School principal in India and have been recently trying to immigrate to Canada. I had the eligible number of points to create my profile which i did, but the points still fall too short of the top layer picked up every time. My sister and brother in law is a PR of Canada and suggested me to visit Canada on TRV, so that I could look for some job opportunities. She has a decent income and bank balance and is ready to show her financial documents too as part of the invitation letter that she sends me to get the TRV application.

I and my husband both have a quite decent income too, but I also have a home loan running in my name, and hence almost all of my income goes away in loan every month, and I do not normally have much balance in my account. We run the household and childrens expanses from my husbands income. My husband has around 4-5 lakh in his bank account, whereas I would have some other savings in form of PF, LIC, FD etc in my name only. My husband too is ready to provide a sponsorship letter for me to support my application on basis of amount in his bank accounts. Please suggest me what financial documents do I need to provide in addition as well from my end. Do I need to show my home loan details as well in application ( The cic guidelines only talk about the student loan details to be shown). Please guide.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

First, I would recommend that you do a reality check/assess the job market for suitable employment opportunities before you consider immigration. I don't wish to sound discouraging. It's most likely going to be difficult for you to get a suitable job.

Second, for TRVs, an applicant must prove s/he has more than adequate financial resources to afford the visit. The financial documents of the Canadian host is secondary.

For your financial situation:
1. PF, LIC and FDs are part of your overall financial situation but not as your funds available for your visit. An exception could be your FD if it is not locked-in earning cumulative interest payable on maturity.

2. Yes, your husband can provide a Letter of Financial Support + his relevant financial documents (bank statements, financial investments, his ITRs, etc).

3. Yes, you must declare your home loan because it's part of your individual financial situation = it is a liability + it would explain the repayments towards mortgage/deductions (it would also be quite obvious to the visa officer when s/he sees your bank statement)

Cheers