+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV after rejection

AnnaDK

Dec 8, 2021
My boyfriend was rejected for TRV in January 2022. We would like to apply again so he can visit for Xmas but are not sure how to make the application strong. He lives in Bosnia, owns property and a business and has two kids who live there. I am a Canadian citizen. Any advice will help. TIA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My boyfriend was rejected for TRV in January 2022. We would like to apply again so he can visit for Xmas but are not sure how to make the application strong. He lives in Bosnia, owns property and a business and has two kids who live there. I am a Canadian citizen. Any advice will help. TIA
What were reasons for refusal? Did you provide invitation saying you are in a relationship? Does he have custody of the children? Ages? You need to address the reasons.

He needs to show a strong travel history (UK, US, NZ or AUS), his own personal funds (baked accounts), home ties ( business registration with contracts to return), length of visit aligned with his business and funds (2-3 weeks) etc.

AnnaDK

Dec 8, 2021
What were reasons for refusal? Did you provide invitation saying you are in a relationship? Does he have custody of the children? Ages? You need to address the reasons.

He needs to show a strong travel history (UK, US, NZ or AUS), his own personal funds (baked accounts), home ties ( business registration with contracts to return), length of visit aligned with his business and funds (2-3 weeks) etc.
Thank you for the response. His daughter is 24 and self sufficient, his son is 19 and lives with him as a dependent. We did indicate we are in a relationship in the letter and I explained I went there 6 times in the past 3 years to see him and we would like him to see my home country. We also submitted business registration and proof of funds as well as proof of property ownership. The application was rejected within 48 hours with explanation that there isn't enough family and economic ties to his home country to warrant his return.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the response. His daughter is 24 and self sufficient, his son is 19 and lives with him as a dependent. We did indicate we are in a relationship in the letter and I explained I went there 6 times in the past 3 years to see him and we would like him to see my home country. We also submitted business registration and proof of funds as well as proof of property ownership. The application was rejected within 48 hours with explanation that there isn't enough family and economic ties to his home country to warrant his return.
So how long was the visit? Does he have travel history? Honestly saying you are in a relationship and visited that many times didn’t help his application.