+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV after PGWP approval

define

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi

I recently received approval for my PGWP and need to apply for my TRV again since it expired last year along with the expiry of my study permit.

My query is:

1. Do I need to provide letter of explanation to convince the immigration officer that you have ties back home and will return home after expiry of work permit?
2. For proof of funds, will my job offer be sufficient or I need to show funds in my bank account also?
3. I had my medical exam valid till 2025, do I need to have it done again regarding the question:
"Have you had a medical exam performed by a IRCC authorized panel physician
(doctor) within the last 12 months?"

Regards
Define

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I recently received approval for my PGWP and need to apply for my TRV again since it expired last year along with the expiry of my study permit.

My query is:

1. Do I need to provide letter of explanation to convince the immigration officer that you have ties back home and will return home after expiry of work permit?
2. For proof of funds, will my job offer be sufficient or I need to show funds in my bank account also?
3. I had my medical exam valid till 2025, do I need to have it done again regarding the question:
"Have you had a medical exam performed by a IRCC authorized panel physician
(doctor) within the last 12 months?"

Regards
Define
1. No
2. No
3. No, you can choose "No" for the question. It would not be an issue since you are staying in Canada.

Since you already have PGWP, you don't have to prove ties or funds available. You will get TRV valid until expiry of your PGWP.

Note: Medicals are valid only for a year.