+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV after PGWP approval. Need help!

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
Hi, I am new to this forum and will appreciate any help/advise. I have been granted a PGWP and now I am trying to fill the IMM5257E application to extend my TRV. Please note that I have just received the permit, am currently looking for a job and don't work at the moment.

1. What should I indicate under "Purpose of my visit"? The options to choose from are
- Business
-Tourism
-Short-term studies
- Returning studetn
-Returning worker
-Other
-Family visit

2. "Name, address and relationship of any person or institution I will visit". What name and address do I indicate here? (once again, I don't have employer now).

3. "Funds available for my stay" - not sure what sum exactly do they want me to indicate here.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I'm currently on the same boat, got my PGWP and willing to apply for a TRV to visit my home country.

However, For question number 1, I would pick returning worker as I'm currently working. But I could also pick other and specify.

For question number 2, I would pick my employer, but in your case you can write your own address.

For qustion number 3, currently don't have a good amount of money in my bank statement but showing my letter of employement I think would be enough. At least I have my apartment and I pay my bills and rent.

PLEASE NOTE, that logically, our application will be treated differently than someone who is visiting Canada for the first time !

You are already in the country, paying your bills and renting your apartment so you have your place already and everything is stable. So for the fund side and the other questions, take them easy.

Trust me I applied for a SP extension with only 2k$ in my bank account and I got it accepted.

I applied before that on TRV visa extension with only 8k$ in my bank account and it got accepted.

We have different case and our applications are taken easily, ACCORDING TO MY EXPERIENCE :).

Reactions: mehimzil

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
I'm currently on the same boat, got my PGWP and willing to apply for a TRV to visit my home country.

However, For question number 1, I would pick returning worker as I'm currently working. But I could also pick other and specify.

For question number 2, I would pick my employer, but in your case you can write your own address.

For qustion number 3, currently don't have a good amount of money in my bank statement but showing my letter of employement I think would be enough. At least I have my apartment and I pay my bills and rent.

PLEASE NOTE, that logically, our application will be treated differently than someone who is visiting Canada for the first time !

You are already in the country, paying your bills and renting your apartment so you have your place already and everything is stable. So for the fund side and the other questions, take them easy.

Trust me I applied for a SP extension with only 2k$ in my bank account and I got it accepted.

I applied before that on TRV visa extension with only 8k$ in my bank account and it got accepted.

We have different case and our applications are taken easily, ACCORDING TO MY EXPERIENCE :).
Thanks for your reply. If I put my address for question number 3, do I also just put my name there? Because it is asking for the name as well...
Also, why do you need to show letter of employment? You just want to attach it yourself? Cause it never asks for this letter.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Well, you can do that and add an explanation letter explaining your case.

And I can attach a weak bank statement and my letter of employment and write an explanation letter stating my income and case, they won't refuse it.

Because refusing TRV when you already work is like imprisoning you, you are already in the country why would they refuse that you go out to your home country and return ?

Again, it is different from someone who is applying to come to Canada for Tourism or whatever where they wanna show that they gonna leave the country and have the funds for their Stay and Travel expenses.

mehimzil

Nov 1, 2017
Well, you can do that and add an explanation letter explaining your case.

And I can attach a weak bank statement and my letter of employment and write an explanation letter stating my income and case, they won't refuse it.

Because refusing TRV when you already work is like imprisoning you, you are already in the country why would they refuse that you go out to your home country and return ?

Again, it is different from someone who is applying to come to Canada for Tourism or whatever where they wanna show that they gonna leave the country and have the funds for their Stay and Travel expenses.
Thanks, I feel a bit of a relief now. Just one more quesion - do you have a separate box for financial documents, like is it required for you to upload it or you will just upload everything under Explanation Letter as one attachment?