+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Additional Verification is required!

alirezaa_a2

Jan 11, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am posting this regarding a Visa problem I'm currently facing. I had to extend my Study Permit during summer, after extending the SP I had to apply for a new TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) inside Canada. I applied online on December 4th, but because of an emergency matter I had to leave Canada to home, Iran. I only did this after I got assured by contacting CIC. They told me that my information has been verified and it's been forwarded to the responsible office of approval. So I contacted them once again, requesting to change the Visa office for printing visa overseas. After changing my tickets twice, finally I left Canada as soon as they confirmed my request. Now, It's been 37 days since the time I applied, and after further communications with Ottawa Case inquiries, I got informed that my application's been sent to CSIS for Additional Verifications (Security Check) and because of that they are unable to tell me when my application will be finalized.

This is my application' timeline:

Date submitted:
December 4, 2018
Reviewing Eligibility: Dec 16 (Passed after 12 days) Got informed after I contacted the toll-free Help center
*Background check: Still in process

I am currently still in Iran, waiting for their final decision to be made and am very exhausted! I have already missed the first week of classes ,and even worse I have no idea how long this security screening might take. I am in 4th year and this semester is by far the most important semester that I've had. I already paid the full tuition and everything, but I can't come back :(

This is why I posted this in here, to see if you have seen similar cases before... And to receive further suggestions from you.. I'd be more than grateful if you help me out with this.

Very frustrated right now!!!

Thanks,
Alireza

Last edited:

alirezaa_a2

Jan 11, 2019
Ima be the bearer of bad news here but I hope I am wrong. From what I have read and understood so far, Iranian Nationals are subject to long and stringent background checks which could take from weeks to months to even years in some cases.
You should immediately contact the University and make them aware of your status. Since there is unsurity in when you can start attending school again, you might have to reapply for admission as you will lose your student status due to not attending. Discuss this with your student advisor at the University and try to get an appeal for exception if they recommend to keep you as an active student.
You should keep pestering IRCC with your application making polite requests.
Good luck and I hope you get back to Canada soon. I am stuck away from Canada too and know exactly how it feels!
Hey, thanks for the response. Do you know what's the Minimum waiting time for the Security check process?

Jasmin Mahida

Jan 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am posting this regarding a Visa problem I'm currently facing. I had to extend my Study Permit during summer, after extending the SP I had to apply for a new TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) inside Canada. I applied online on December 4th, but because of an emergency matter I had to leave Canada to home, Iran. I only did this after I got assured by contacting CIC. They told me that my information has been verified and it's been forwarded to the responsible office of approval. So I contacted them once again, requesting to change the Visa office for printing visa overseas. After changing my tickets twice, finally I left Canada as soon as they confirmed my request. Now, It's been 37 days since the time I applied, and after further communications with Ottawa Case inquiries, I got informed that my application's been sent to CSIS for Additional Verifications (Security Check) and because of that they are unable to tell me when my application will be finalized.

This is my application' timeline:

Date submitted:
December 4, 2018
Reviewing Eligibility: Dec 16 (Passed after 12 days) Got informed after I contacted the toll-free Help center
*Background check: Still in process

I am currently still in Iran, waiting for their final decision to be made and am very exhausted! I have already missed the first week of classes ,and even worse I have no idea how long this security screening might take. I am in 4th year and this semester is by far the most important semester that I've had. I already paid the full tuition and everything, but I can't come back :(

This is why I posted this in here, to see if you have seen similar cases before... And to receive further suggestions from you.. I'd be more than grateful if you help me out with this.

Very frustrated right now!!!

Thanks,
Alireza
Heyy when you got your approval?? I am facing the same situation?