+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trump Proclamation- Redoing Labor cert for already approved i140?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Its not only that. He is going to do a big EO in 4 weeks(per news on Jul 11) which will bring merit system and i suspect that it will affect H1 and 140 waiters.
I am just surprised how is this section not talked about much as it impacts the i140 holders. Is this just a suggestion to the DHS/DOL or this will be implemented soon? Also even if they implement merit based, there is no guarantee they will remove the country caps, isnt it?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Not saying not to worry but he can't write any laws and sign them himself. He will create as much panic as possible though. Redoing PERM can't be done via tweet either it needs to go through regulatory processes and will face legal challenges.
Problem is that he could not do away with daca(which was created by EO). So now he is doing whatever he wants with immigration changes through EO. All he cares about is the reelection hence he can do it now and let all other deal the rest with court but by that time he already earned votes. So he doesnt care if there is a common solution for all people but its just for election stunt but certainly it will affect the people that are targeted.

I am just surprised how is this section not talked about much as it impacts the i140 holders. Is this just a suggestion to the DHS/DOL or this will be implemented soon? Also even if they implement merit based, there is no guarantee they will remove the country caps, isnt it?
I think that there will be redoing the labor which will make companies discourage keeping H1 employed. I dont know if it will be in new EO or they will do it part of earlier EO but will see.
No one(or many) for sure is not interested in removing country cap for sure.

Reactions: Jancy

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019
Changes specific to LCA rules or redoing LCA for existing I-140 approval holders requires rule making. These cannot be achieved using EO. Greg Siskind had confirmed it few weeks ago. Rule making takes time (few months) and Greg's analysis was that it will be difficult for Trump admin to achieve this before election. It is possible but improbable before election.

Reactions: Jancy

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Changes specific to LCA rules or redoing LCA for existing I-140 approval holders requires rule making. These cannot be achieved using EO. Greg Siskind had confirmed it few weeks ago. Rule making takes time (few months) and Greg's analysis was that it will be difficult for Trump admin to achieve this before election. It is possible but improbable before election.
All that is correct for someone who wants to do things the right way and not for erratic admin like his. They are following don't ask for permission, just ask for forgiveness strategy. He did visa ban with a stroke of pen.. why wouldn't he do this 'merit based immigration' in the same way. Courts might eventually stop it for changing laws, but to file a law suit finding legal mistakes in EO is going to take several months by which his election targets would be easily met.

Also, Greg is not always right. I feel he is a bad omen if he's going to lead charge in any of this.. he was the pioneer in filing the lawsuit representing Indians asking USCIS to follow final action date for October 2015 bulletin and lost it very badly. USCIS is still punishing Indians for that by moving dates even slower than what it normally takes

Reactions: ustocanada49

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If EO is illegal then drump would have won the case but that made things so complicated. There is no fine line between what can be done via EO and what cannot be done via EO. So now he is taking everything in his own hands - this the case with interpretation of law in every country. I dont understand why our countries all have many rules that its left for interpretation.

See this today's news:
International students denied U.S. entry under new visa rules - court documents

All that is correct for someone who wants to do things the right way and not for erratic admin like his. They are following don't ask for permission, just ask for forgiveness strategy. He did visa ban with a stroke of pen.. why wouldn't he do this 'merit based immigration' in the same way. Courts might eventually stop it for changing laws, but to file a law suit finding legal mistakes in EO is going to take several months by which his election targets would be easily met.

Also, Greg is not always right. I feel he is a bad omen if he's going to lead charge in any of this.. he was the pioneer in filing the lawsuit representing Indians asking USCIS to follow final action date for October 2015 bulletin and lost it very badly. USCIS is still punishing Indians for that by moving dates even slower than what it normally takes
Correct. By the time people win things in court then its already too late, students get denied, just like how 30% h1 got denied at uscis in the last few years.

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Could it also be possible that folks started to add dependents (spouse, foreign born kids) while waiting in line, upgrading priority dates (EB3 -> EB2, EB2 -> EB1)?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Could it also be possible that folks started to add dependents (spouse, foreign born kids) while waiting in line, upgrading priority dates (EB3 -> EB2, EB2 -> EB1)?
when there is 7% quota out of just 140k and when 70% are Indians in H1 then what do we expect. Adding dependents or upgrade/downgrade/duplicate filing of gc by spouses is not a problem as its already a problem of systemic backlog/bottleneck.

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
when there is 7% quota out of just 140k and when 70% are Indians in H1 then what do we expect. Adding dependents or upgrade/downgrade/duplicate filing of gc by spouses is not a problem as its already a problem of systemic backlog/bottleneck.
Well, dependents does reduce the number of available GCs and that can explain why priority dates would move slower and agree 7% country cap doesn't help either. But what is the source for deliberate action by USCIS to move dates slower for Indians?

"USCIS is still punishing Indians for that by moving dates even slower than what it normally takes"

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019

if this was the case h4 EADs would have been scrapped with EO, all the rumored LCA changes would have been included in June EO. June EO has a precedence of muslim ban that was challenged in the courts and upheld. Using that precedence (221f that gives executive rights to restrict entry of foreign nationals) Trump is issuing these EOs to restrict entry. Executive doesnt have any power to do unilateral changes to things done via rule making in the past (like h4 EAD) and LCA changes. These require rule making or action from congress. Rule making process takes few months. It can be accomplished but there is less and less time for this administration specially if Trump is defeated.
Now I agree that he can just issue any EO for the sake of it, however an EO which is not based on any presidential authority vested in the constitution will be quickly challenged and defeated in the courts.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well, dependents does reduce the number of available GCs and that can explain why priority dates would move slower and agree 7% country cap doesn't help either. But what is the source for deliberate action by USCIS to move dates slower for Indians?

"USCIS is still punishing Indians for that by moving dates even slower than what it normally takes"
70% of 140k is occupied by indians which means that every year 10 years worth of labor for gc gets approved. So every year Indians are lagging for 10 years. So now your point for the problem is dependents(partially or fully) and not restricting labor &140 approval to 7% per year(when uscis can only approve 7% of gc per country). I agree that it adds more wait but its not the major problem. Lets fix the major problem which fixes everything.

Life is not just about gc. People cannot wait for 10-50 years to get married. If there is a guarantee that one would get gc in 5 years, many would wait but now its endless.

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019

This deliberate action stuff on part of USCIS is pure speculation. Porting from EB3 to EB2, more demand for EB1s and more overall demand for EB visas worldwide has led to this backlog getting worse.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
if this was the case h4 EADs would have been scrapped with EO, all the rumored LCA changes would have been included in June EO. June EO has a precedence of muslim ban that was challenged in the courts and upheld. Using that precedence (221f that gives executive rights to restrict entry of foreign nationals) Trump is issuing these EOs to restrict entry. Executive doesnt have any power to do unilateral changes to things done via rule making in the past (like h4 EAD) and LCA changes. These require rule making or action from congress. Rule making process takes few months. It can be accomplished but there is less and less time for this administration specially if Trump is defeated.
Now I agree that he can just issue any EO for the sake of it, however an EO which is not based on any presidential authority vested in the constitution will be quickly challenged and defeated in the courts.
Isnt that obama allowed H4 EAD via EO?