+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Truck driving

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why can't you drive a truck as a Canadian
Because it requires special licensing. Most people just have a license to drive a car. You need that first. Can’t do that if you don’t have status in Canada. Job Bank, indeed. Need a LMIA from employer proving no one in Canada has a trucking licensed and can do the job, only you.

Reactions: foodie69

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a truck drivers license and I have all its takes to driver a truck
Since you have a Canadian license, then search for jobs. If you don’t, you cannot just convert your license. Read the requirements for the province you want to work from. Google - job sites Canada. Get licensed to drive a truck in Canada, find an employer who is willing to go through the LMIA process proving no Canadian or PR can do the job, only you have the experience. Then with LMIA apply for closed work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My license is a Nigeria truck driver license
So you need to research what it will take to get a provincial truck driving license. There are several steps/stages to get a truck license. First you need a provincial driver’s license just to drive a car. An employer will not hire you if you can’t drive in Canada or have a plan to get your license. You would need to attend a truck driving school.