+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Truck driver - provincial nominee

srdjanpetrovic84

Feb 19, 2011
There are 3 provinces that allow truck drivers to apply for permanent residency through a provincial nominee program, those are BC, AB and SK. If i apply for job in one of those province, am i still need LMO?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to get a work permit, you need an LMO but another option is for the employer to apply with you for PNP with a job offer before you come to Canada. Once you get nominated, you can get a work permit without having an LMO.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting the LMO can take a couple of months and work permit you can see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
If you want to get a work permit, you need an LMO but another option is for the employer to apply with you for PNP with a job offer before you come to Canada. Once you get nominated, you can get a work permit without having an LMO.
It doesn't work that with truckers in Saskatchewan

Long-Haul Truck Drivers

I have a lot of experience as a truck driver in my country. Am I eligible to apply to the SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver Project?

In order to be eligible for this category, you must first have worked for an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan for 6 months and have a full-time permanent job offer with the same trucking firm. Please check all of the criteria for this category.

Same in Manitoba, 6 months work in the Province before the employer can submit MPNP

Alberta

As a Candidate in the long-haul trucking industry, you must also:

* Be working for your Alberta Employer as a long-haul truck driver (refer to definitions above)
* Show you have an Alberta Class 1 driver's license and are eligible to meet provincial regulations.
* Provide a copy of your foreign driver's license which indicates C+E certification (if from Europe).
o Both parts of the license must be provided. If the driver's license is not in English, it must be translated by a certified translator.
* Be employed in Alberta for a minimum of six months before applying to the AINP.