+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Truck driver free study?

AzulaiPark

Apr 30, 2013
Hi!
I came from Israel like 6 months ago, I have PR card.
Back in Israel i worked as a truck driver (15 ton).
Right now i live in Regina.

My question is, there is some kind of a company who pays for my truck driver licence in case i agree to work for them for some period of time afterwards?
Hope you understood my question :)

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only time a company will spend money on you is when they feel you can bring them money in the long run. Hope you understand my answer

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Determine what licence you need to drive that size of truck and get it as well as all the safety certifications required, then approach the many companies who are advertising for drivers up north hauling water or products related to the oil patch. You never know your luck and showing initiative up front won't hurt.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
AzulaiPark said:
Hi!
I came from Israel like 6 months ago, I have PR card.
Back in Israel i worked as a truck driver (15 ton).
Right now i live in Regina.

My question is, there is some kind of a company who pays for my truck driver licence in case i agree to work for them for some period of time afterwards?
Hope you understood my question :)
Companies in Canada only pay your courses or Licence fees while you are already employed and they want you to perform a new job/ learn a new skill for them. They usually do not pay for the licence or courses already done by the employee prior the employment.

so in your case my answer would be : NO