+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRPR/OWP/Travel Query

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Still waiting on my TRPR(May 6, 2021) approval, last update was on May 6 2022 (a full year wait - what a joke). Biometrics & additional documents were sent. Still nothing after that.

Had to renew my passport to be able to use the upcoming 18-month extension. Renewed the passport by June 2022.

Applied for Work Permit Extension on June 22, 2022 through the classic cic.gc.ca platform (by following the new public policy, such as Entering “TRPR pathway PP OWP-EXT” in the Job Title box. etc)

Q1- So both my PR and OWP extension are awaiting, and I am going to my home country by the 1st week of August, my current OWP ends on Aug 30, my return is around Aug 20-21. Do you think the customs officers would hold me hostage? or because I have both applications under progress, they would let me in when I return? (It's still before the expiry at the end of the day)

Q2- Since I am currently working and am not a student, this new policy about PGWP extension that ends in July 27 has nothing to do with me, is that correct? I used this link to extend my Work Permit as I am currently working and applied under TRPR: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html?fbclid=IwAR2urQWccIZilyE5iLm5CQQH7OXt1byxV13WjJ_9fCwugk6tAj1HAEKolHw#restore

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, ANY RESPONSE IS APPRECIATED!!