+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRP holder needs TRV from inside Canada

trpperson

Dec 13, 2014
Hi All

I am Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) holder. IT will expire in one year.Can i apply for Temporary Resident Visa(TRV) from inside Canada? I just want to visit my family. I got TRP because i have a work permit case going on in federal court, so CIC issued me TRP. Please help in this regard.Thank you for your time.

spyro02

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
Does your TRP say "Departure from Canada does not invalidate this permit ..."? If yes, you can apply for a visa. If not, then you have to get the conditions changed first.
I don't know if you can apply to the Ottawa office but you should be able to apply to the embassy or consulate serving your home country before you depart from Canada. Call the CIC hotline on the back of your TRP.

trpperson

Dec 13, 2014
yea, ts written that my departure from canada doesnt invalidate permit. i will call CIC on monday.I want to get TRV before leaving Canada coz i dont trust CIC.i am in mess because of CIC advise.can my wife get visit visa to canada.Do u think my TRP status will effect her chances positively or negatively?thank u for time and answer.i appreciate this

spyro02

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
Well, it might be an issue for your wife. Usually CIC issues TRPs only to a class of a inadmissible individuals.
Why is your work permit case in court? Is CIC claiming you are inadmissible?
This is a complex matter and you better ask legal counsel which could be the lawyer representing you in court - unless you areyou don't have one).
They might consider her accompanying family when she joins you in Canada, which would make her inadmissible and then she would need a TRP, too. They might give her a visa if they are sympathetic, they might call it a risk. I don't know your exact case, so I can't map out a scenario for you.
I am also not licensed to practice law, so I can't give you legal advice. If I do give you any advice, then that is based on my personal interpretation of the IRPA and regulations and you cannot rely on it. If CIC agents give you any advice, you can usually point the finger back at them but even they are not lawyers.
So here is what I would do, just send an application for a visa along with a copy of your TRP to CPC Ottawa and see if they will issue your visa. Worst case, they refuse it. You might lose $100. If it doesn't work out, then you need to see if you can get a visa for your wife. But again, that case is probably a little too complex.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll have to provide a lot more information if you want advice. Why are you currently in Canada on a TRP rather than a TRV? Are you currently inadmissible to Canada?