+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trouble with Transit visa

shetty333

Jun 22, 2018
Hey folks,

well, I wanna say from the beginning that I'm very desprate and sad and just disappointed for days right now beacuase I can't seem to find any answers and I'm really in panic about my first planned vaccation ever.

Here's the thing:

My Dad and I plan to travel to cuba on October this year and retur to germany, were I was born and he's a permanent resident in November. On both flights, the outward and the return flight, we have a stop in Toronto. My Dad's not a german citizen, he's still a cuban citizen and so he needs a transit visa for a canadian airport. Not a problem I thought, since it's easy to apply for all kinds of visasonline. But then the problems started. Now, it's so hard to find any information about the validity of this transit visa. I was looking around in threads and read that people said he needs one transit visa for the outward flight and one transit visa for the return flight, and that he must apply for them seperately. Well, we did. First we made the application for the transit visa for the outward flight, and it got approved within two days and we got the passport request letter. Than we made the second application for the transit visa for the return flight and the status said cancelled, saying that either they made a mistake (which is unlikely I guess) or he wouldn't need the requested document. I specifically mentioned in the second one that this is another application that the one before, that it's for thereturn flight and ask them to not get that mixed up. Now the CIC website sais, that if a transit visa is valid for one or two transits depends on the travel plans stated in the application, but there was no room to enter the second date right there, since it's the same application form as for a regular visitor visa. Now We don't want to send in his passport and then only have the transit visa for the outward flight, because clarly he needs the second one. Now I'm totally freaking out about everything. I wrote a message to cic stating the problem, but it takes up to 10 business days until they respond and time for this first, approved application, to send in his passport runs. Now I think we won't be able to go on the trip, losing all out money, we spend on the flight and all just because of mistake made by a country we don't wanna visit, but only transit through. We aren't a wealthy family and had to work hard and save money like hell for that trip, so right now I'm just shook, sitting here and even crying because I just don't understand all this and don't know what to do and how to behave. I thought about apllying for a regular visitor visa which allows multiple entries for normal, but I don't know if they would turn it down and cancell it, too and then even more money would be away. Can anybody give some answers? Is it possible that the information on the website of CIC is wrong and maybe he can have more than one transit with the same visa? Or shall we apply for a visitor visa and hope it get's approved?

I'm so despreta, I think I'm going crazy, I haven't slept for almost three days now because I'm constantly thinking of this stuff.If anybody can help, I'd would be so greatful for some answers. Thank you

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
I understand your problem and its is really frustrating to be in a situation like this. In cases like your dad's something that is really important is a explantion letter. Since that boat has already sailed I suggest applying for transit visa again and write a clear explantion letter stating your situation. I dont think they will just print you a second visa but what the consulate could do is cancel this visa and issue a multiple/double entry transit visa. In my opinion when you applied second time they cancelled your applocation because they saw you applying for something you already have. You have to paint a clear picture to the visa officer so he understands your situation

Reactions: shetty333

shetty333

Jun 22, 2018
Thank you so much for your answer! Do you know if I can just write this letter as a word document? Is there a spot where I can upload the letter? Because, as you know for sure, the application form doesn't offer space to explain things like that. I think I'm gonna apply for a regular visitor visa and ask for the first vis to be cancelled. Since we stay several hours in Toronto, it might be the better solution, because he can leave the airport with me and, from what I know, a visitor visa always has multiple entries. You are great, thank you so much! Lots of Love

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
I cant remeber exactly whats it called but there is definately space to attach additional docs like explantion letter.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Thank you so much for your answer! Do you know if I can just write this letter as a word document? Is there a spot where I can upload the letter? Because, as you know for sure, the application form doesn't offer space to explain things like that. I think I'm gonna apply for a regular visitor visa and ask for the first vis to be cancelled. Since we stay several hours in Toronto, it might be the better solution, because he can leave the airport with me and, from what I know, a visitor visa always has multiple entries. You are great, thank you so much! Lots of Love
I suggest you to apply for a regular trv.. you can go for a faster processing request under Can + if you have a valid US Visa.. you can get your trv within a week with minimum documentation. Most of the times Canada issues trv till the expiry of passport .. so once ur done.. u are have a long term visa .. so u can keep coming back at the time of your choice . Cheers