+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

trouble with matching NOC & Employment requirements!? :-\

ronaldo_7

Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Hi all, I need your help with finalizing my NOC code as I've a few doubts around it.

So, my foreign work experience is under the title Fibre-Optic Network Designer and it's referred to in Canada as OSP Designer/Outside Plant Designer alternatively OSP Planner/Fibre Planner. I found NOC 2147 has this title, also the lead description matches, in-terms of main duties but under job duties they only talked about Computer and telecommunications hardware engineers and Network system and data communication engineers but not in particular about my title, below these two job duties there was couple of lines saying,

Computer engineers may specialize in a number of areas including analog and digital signal processing, FIBRE OPTICS, integrated circuits, lasers, microprocessors, microwaves and radio astronomy.

that's about it but it's still relate-able, and it's all good until I scrolled down to check under employment requirements says,
"
  • Computer engineers require a bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical or electronics engineering, engineering physics or computer science.
"
and I've a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering + Master of Infrastructure Management + Master of Environmental Engineering but unfortunately I don't have work experience in any of the related fields, I didn't enjoy it so I moved to Telecommunications Industry.

Now, in-terms of claiming my foreign work experience, how do I go about it, I tried a lot to find a NOC code where there are no strict educational qualifications but I couldn't.

From your experience what would you suggest and by chance is there any Fibre-Optic Network Designers out there who can offer words of wisdom.

All help much appreciated,
Thanks in Advance :)

p.s. I've edited my main post as it was even longer at my first go.

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A lot to read so I skipped to the last question.

Yes, you can use different NOC's to meet the eligibility criteria of the CEC program as long as they are skilled NOC's.

Reactions: ronaldo_7

ronaldo_7

Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver
NOC Code......

Yes, you can use different NOC's to meet the eligibility criteria of the CEC program as long as they are skilled NOC's.
Thank you, that answers my question about CEC, sorry for the long paragraphs. I'll try to cut out little bit and post in reply.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ronaldo_7

Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver
NOC Code......

ronaldo_7

Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver
NOC Code......

Just another question in relation to this, I just realised the one year I was planning to claim for CEC was not just different NOC's also different class, first 6 months was class 'B' and second six months or so falls under Class 'A'. Does that work?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just another question in relation to this, I just realised the one year I was planning to claim for CEC was not just different NOC's also different class, first 6 months was class 'B' and second six months or so falls under Class 'A'. Does that work?
"Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)]."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

ronaldo_7

Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver
NOC Code......
"Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)]."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html
This is so good to hear!

Finally, I can stop worrying and start acting with the work experience I've got, collect experience letters and take it from there.

You're awesome Alessandro Del Piero

Reactions: DelPiero07

ronaldo_7

Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Hi, sorry for going back to an old thread. Thought because it's related to NOC and work experience used it

My question is,

according to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

says I need to get work experience letter for all work experience

But, in between my professional jobs, the ones I'm gonna claim 3 years work experience from under my NOC I've had random jobs after this 3 years as I was travelling, they were from recruitment agencies, temporary jobs which aren't skilled I believe, like office admin stuff, so what do I do in terms of work experience letter.

Also, after my temp work I did get back to my industry, had two 6 months contract jobs which are in my field though, do I need to get letters from them even though I already have 3 years enough experience to get points I wanted.

Please assist.

Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You wouldn't mention those in the work history section, you would only mention them in the personal history section (post-ITA) and you won't have to provide any proof of employment.

ronaldo_7

Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver
NOC Code......
You wouldn't mention those in the work history section, you would only mention them in the personal history section (post-ITA) and you won't have to provide any proof of employment.
awesome, thanks. I really hope I didn't mention anything extra in the work history section, because once ITA received, can't go back change work history section isn't it??

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Regarding employment requirements: "Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html
Hey I have been trying to find information on this for very long. I can't thank you enough for this. Thanks Thanks Thanks :)