+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trouble getting Criminal Record Report from outside of Canada for my Grandmom

hungkieu

Jan 31, 2013
Hi!

My grandmother is trying to stay in Canada. We have gone through the whole process as in getting her medical check up, police check and all the documents done.

The only problem we have now is getting her police report in Vietnam. The Canadian government requires a police report from every country she has lived in. So we filled out some forms and sent it to her brother in Vietnam to get the police report done. However, it seems like the Vietnamese police department or whatever keep delaying this criminal record check up. Every time my grandmother's brother goes to the police station they delay it by a week and the 2nd time a month!

What can we do in this situation? Thank you for your help and it is much appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What sort of application are you submitting for your grandmother? What is she applying for that will allow her to stay?

hungkieu

Jan 31, 2013
Not sure exactly since my parents are doing it, but my mom said something about her sponsoring my grandmother. So probably through the "Family Class Sponsorship Program".

All she needs now is the criminal record check in Vietnam and she's done. The people in Vietnam (Police?) are taking forever to do it though and we have a time limit by the government in which it must be completed.

hungkieu

Jan 31, 2013
It seems like the police people in Vietnam will only do it if we bribe them money or they will keep saying it has to be 'delayed'?

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Sadly, some countries are very slow in providing various documentations. Ask them if there is a fee ..... .... go through any legal means you can to get that document for your grand mother so that you can keep her here.