+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trips planned, no oath date

munter

Apr 12, 2014
Hi,

I got DM from Montreal July 10th, no oath letter yet.

I'm basically worried because I will be away on trips to BC and Europe:

Aug 8th-14th and Aug 25th to Sept 2nd

I've already put a lot of money into these trips and people are relying on me to travel etc. So I won't change them at this stage.

My question is should I inform them proactively or am I better to wait and see?

I'm hoping that the delay incurred by changing oath date is not crazy.

Thanks

munter

Apr 12, 2014
I see the spreadsheet average for montreal is over 40 days from DM to oath letter, then another 20 to oath date, so maybe I'll just wait it out.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Well, if that's the case, you should inform them via webform to mitigate against that risk. However, using data from the spreadsheets, Montreal applicants seem to receive oath invite 1-2 months after DM (earlier in 2018).

Last edited:
Reactions: munter

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
You should have definitely informed as soon as you booked the trips. Do it asap, you dont want to compensate either - trips as well as citizenship application. All the best.

Aizazz

Jul 19, 2018
Hi i am from Calgary
my decision made status shows today 19-july-2018
Can anyone please guide me how long it will take approx to receive the oath ceremony date
do the CIC inform us by email or online status?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi i am from Calgary
my decision made status shows today 19-july-2018
Can anyone please guide me how long it will take approx to receive the oath ceremony date
do the CIC inform us by email or online status?
According to the spreadsheet for 2017, calgarians tend to receive an oath invite relatively fast, 2 or 3 weeks after DM, with an oath date 2 months after DM. Dunno if this will apply to you but it's likely you'll hear from them somewhere in August.
And IRCC does both.

Aizazz

Jul 19, 2018
According to the spreadsheet for 2017, calgarians tend to receive an oath invite relatively fast, 2 or 3 weeks after DM, with an oath date 2 months after DM. Dunno if this will apply to you but it's likely you'll hear from them somewhere in August.
And IRCC does both.
Thanks for the responce
where to find the spreadsheet