+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trip to Mexico with RTD

Fawazo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi guys,
Me and my wife are planning a couple of weeks getaway in mexico.
I have the RTD and still waiting for the PR.
I looked on the Mexican foreign affairs website and they say you can go to mexico with RTD without visa if you have a PR
It also says that you can go to mexico without a visa if you were a foreign national with a canadian visa

I emailed the embassy, but they replied with a great deal of incomptency. they told me what i already now (what's mentioned above) when i told them that i already know that, but i'm trying to see where i stand personally they simply replied with a visa application process.

They clearly don't know nor care.
Anyone been to mexico on an RTD?

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Hi guys,
Me and my wife are planning a couple of weeks getaway in mexico.
I have the RTD and still waiting for the PR.
I looked on the Mexican foreign affairs website and they say you can go to mexico with RTD without visa if you have a PR
It also says that you can go to mexico without a visa if you were a foreign national with a canadian visa

I emailed the embassy, but they replied with a great deal of incomptency. they told me what i already now (what's mentioned above) when i told them that i already know that, but i'm trying to see where i stand personally they simply replied with a visa application process.

They clearly don't know nor care.
Anyone been to mexico on an RTD?
That's what I found online:

The following are exempt from holding a visa:
Stateless persons and refugees residing in Canada for a maximum stay of 180 days, if their original passport was issued by Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR China), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (SAR China), Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Isl., Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States), Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Fed., San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, USA, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay or Venezuela.

Hope it helps!

Fawazo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
That's what I found online:

The following are exempt from holding a visa:
Stateless persons and refugees residing in Canada for a maximum stay of 180 days, if their original passport was issued by Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR China), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (SAR China), Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Isl., Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States), Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Fed., San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, USA, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay or Venezuela.

Hope it helps!
F'ing Syria. It's not on the list .
Shoot now what?
Thanks tho

Fawazo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
You need to apply for a visa. Hopefully you have not purchased anything. Think Cuba seems to be the option chosen by most RTD holders.
Man that really sucks.
I don't care for Cuba.
Hopefully I'll get this darn pr soon and put all of this behind me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think you may have to wait until citizenship in order not to have to get a visa. If you are looking for a reasonable priced beach vacation Cuba has some very nice beaches and is much safer than Mexico. In the grand scheme of things think you can appreciate that there are many Syrians are dealing with much more difficult issues than not being able to go to Mexico. Other tropical locations may also be an option.

Fawazo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Think you may have to wait until citizenship in order not to have to get a visa. If you are looking for a reasonable priced beach vacation Cuba has some very nice beaches and is much safer than Mexico. In the grand scheme of things think you can appreciate that there are many Syrians are dealing with much more difficult issues than not being able to go to Mexico. Other tropical locations may also be an option.
Just as much as you appreciate that there's Africans dealing with much more.

Is that something you bring up often when you're with your fellow folks?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just as much as you appreciate that there's Africans dealing with much more.

Is that something you bring up often when you're with your fellow folks?
I bring it up in lots of situations and almost daily. Everything is relative. Even if bad things are going on in our lives (mine as well) our problems are relatively small compared to many people all around the world. Often that is because we have access to resources and basic goods like medical care, schooling, food, shelter, etc. Just good to remind yourself that yes it is annoying that you may have to wait a few years to go to Mexico but at least you will be able to go in the next few years and you may have other choices.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
HI does anyone know that I can travel to mexico with canadian blue passport only?
You need visa.
If u have visa from Schengen countries, USA, Japan or Canada you can travel without visa. But needs to be visa sticker on your passport/travel document. Not study or wp.

Arank

Dec 26, 2023
Hi what about if I have refugee claimant document with my photo on. And it's valid until 2025 issued by Canada?