+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trinidad

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Any person who are having their application for spouse PR being processed in Port of Spain? What is your experence so far from this location.

21st Aug 09 POS started processing my application for PR

How long again will it be again?

Anyone with previous or similar experence?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
hey there ... I am also dealing with POS .. my application has been in process since August 12, 2009. Eight months into the process and still no good news. My spouse just got an email response from the last email inquiring which stated that the file is in queue for an interview date and that they do not require any additional documentation.

I find this office very slow. Where are you applying from? I am from GT .. lived in Canada for sometime though.

Nuflava

Aug 23, 2009
I'm also going through POS as well they receive my application for permanent resident in the spousal category in April 09 and they started possessing it in May 09, I receive AOR in June 09, next letter from them came 5 months later in October and it was for ARC fees.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I am also dealing with an ARC as well. Did they call for an interview for PR or ARC?

Could you provide a little more information on the steps they took for ARC? Have you only paid the fees without making any written submissions, etc?

I've heard a million and one things with ARC and sometimes it freaks me out.

What was your situation in Canada that led up to your departing and needing ARC to re-enter?

I was a failed refugee and PRRA applicant. Entered Canada as a minor at age 15 and studied, worked and more studied. Was close to completing my university degree when they sent me back home.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Nuflava

Aug 23, 2009
I was never called for an interview for PR or ARC and they never requested any other docs from me maybe because I'm in the system already, I had submitted an inland H&C app while I was in Canada and was railroaded by the interviewing officer it's a long story which I'll like to share when this is all over, I think the senior officer entered the interview with her mind already made up and she was training another officer, after realizing what she had done to me when the other officer left the room for a second she gave me a number to a consultant that she knew.
I've been married for over 10 years with 3 Canadian kids between us, my ARC is due to criminality over 10 years ago in Canada which I obtain a pardon for,
5 months after they started processing my PR app they requested my ARC submission (fees, removal cost & explanation) which was submitted in December, my meds are already expired, so I'm waiting for they next response.