+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trigeminal Neuralgia

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the information, the $ 1500 US dollars are the treatment for a whole year. Any idea how can I find out how much the treatment would cost in Canada?.
Thanks
CL
Google is your best estimate. $1500 if not in the US is actually pretty expensive treatment.

honeybees

Jan 2, 2023
Hi all,
Can someone please tell me whether I have any chances of rejection if I am a Trigeminal neuralgia patient and take regular medication for that to keep my nerve pain at bay? I have had no surgery for it since the last 7 years since I was diagnosed. Only got injections for.
Please guide me if it will result in my immigration being rejected?

Kind regards,
SS
Hey, I am also in the same situation currently. Could you please tell me if your application got approved? Appreciate your response.
Thanks

honeybees

Jan 2, 2023
Thanks for the information, the $ 1500 US dollars are the treatment for a whole year. Any idea how can I find out how much the treatment would cost in Canada?.
Thanks
CL
Hey, I am also in similar situation currently. Could you please tell me if your application was successful? It would be helpful to know if your application was approved?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah. but, just wanted to understand if you sail through application process or were there any hurdles you faced?
It will be dependent on the case but based on the factt that there is a high rate of people who become permanently disabled or unfortunately kill themselves approval will be dependent on what treatment you are currently receiving, whether you have been able to work continuously even though suffering from trigeminal neuralgia, etc. If you have a good treatment plan and doctors I would also be concerned about any changes. Canada doesn’t have a national pharmacare plan or dental coverage under Medicare (although not a dental issue many patients end up needing dental care as part of treatment) so whether you already have a job in Canada that has extended healthcare benefits and how hard will it be to transition your care to Canada would also be something you need to consider.

honeybees

Jan 2, 2023
It will be dependent on the case but based on the factt that there is a high rate of people who become permanently disabled or unfortunately kill themselves approval will be dependent on what treatment you are currently receiving, whether you have been able to work continuously even though suffering from trigeminal neuralgia, etc. If you have a good treatment plan and doctors I would also be concerned about any changes. Canada doesn’t have a national pharmacare plan or dental coverage under Medicare (although not a dental issue many patients end up needing dental care as part of treatment) so whether you already have a job in Canada that has extended healthcare benefits and how hard will it be to transition your care to Canada would also be something you need to consider.
Thank you very much. Appreciate your response.