+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tricky problem regarding PCC

Oct 27, 2016
Hey guys, I got an invitation on Nov. 2nd and submitted the documents on Jan.16th. A week before I got the invitation, I left my home country and now I have travelled in Australia for over 3 months. The current address of residence I filled in was also the Australian one because I plan to stay in Australia till I get my visa from Canada.So I guess my case is being processed by Australia VO.

My problem is that the police clearance certificate(PCC) of my home country that I submitted was issued two days ago before I left my home country. I read some discussions of the forum that it should be issued after the departure not before the departure.

Does anyone have similar experiences and but get the visa done successfully?
And if I come back to my home country, should I notify CIC? And if leave Austria for home country, will my case be transferred to other VO?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
adventuroustrip said:
Hey guys, I got an invitation on Nov. 2nd and submitted the documents on Jan.16th. A week before I got the invitation, I left my home country and now I have travelled in Australia for over 3 months. The current address of residence I filled in was also the Australian one because I plan to stay in Australia till I get my visa from Canada.So I guess my case is being processed by Australia VO.

My problem is that the police clearance certificate(PCC) of my home country that I submitted was issued two days ago before I left my home country. I read some discussions of the forum that it should be issued after the departure not before the departure.

Does anyone have similar experiences and but get the visa done successfully?
And if I come back to my home country, should I notify CIC? And if leave Austria for home country, will my case be transferred to other VO?
I am wondering the same since i will issue my pcc few days before i leave my home country then go to my country of residency

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
adventuroustrip said:
I was just told better to have PCC issued after the departure, otherwise it will take more time for the background check!
Isnt it ok as long as the pcc issued either from the home country or country of residence is issued in less than 6 months

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
I have same problem. I had indian pcc issued in december 2015 and i applied with same pcc in december 2016.

I did not go india till i applied for expres entry.. i jus came india recently in february.. i dont think it will b problem.

Please let me know..

Oct 27, 2016
I checked. Cic requires the PCC of the country where you reside to be issued within six months. However, the PCC of other countries where you lived for more than 6 months should be issued after your departure.

So I guess we'd better to submit another one of PCC that is issued after our departure.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
adventuroustrip said:
I checked. Cic requires the PCC of the country where you reside to be issued within six months. However, the PCC of other countries where you lived for more than 6 months should be issued after your departure.

So I guess we'd better to submit another one of PCC that is issued after our departure.
Even from my home country??

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
adventuroustrip said:
Thats is going to be very tough since i will be going to my home country just few weeks before the deadline for ita submission,my plan was to issue it couple of days before my departure

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Thats is going to be very tough since i will be going to my home country just few weeks before the deadline for ita submission,my plan was to issue it couple of days before my departure
If you go to your home country after eAPR submission then there is nothing to be concerned about.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
If you go to your home country after eAPR submission then there is nothing to be concerned about.
It will be before my eApr submission,was going for a week and was planning to apply before i leave for pcc couple of days or something