+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Triage/effective presence: Understanding GCMS notes

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
Hi all, I just got my GCMS notes through IRCC and CBSA and have some questions. Long story short, it's about triage levels and effective presence.

Context: Almost all my activities are "Not Started" with a due date of August 2022 (I applied in May 2021), and it looks like the last update was in November 2022 by a certain officer working on my presence calculations. I had a total of 21 absences, and I believe my presence was 1 day over the minimum when I applied. In the last entry on my notes from the CBSA, I see my "Triage" level was bumped up by one during that last update in November because of "présence effective," and my current level now is even one more above that. (Don't know when that happened...)

Does anyone really know what these triage levels mean? (I looked on the forums here and didn't find anything conclusive.) Should I be worried, or does this sound fairly routine? I'm freaking out that I miscalculated or forgot a trip or something and that my application will be rejected for a difference of 1 or 2 days..... Thanks

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Hi all, I just got my GCMS notes through IRCC and CBSA and have some questions. Long story short, it's about triage levels and effective presence.

Context: Almost all my activities are "Not Started" with a due date of August 2022 (I applied in May 2021), and it looks like the last update was in November 2022 by a certain officer working on my presence calculations. I had a total of 21 absences, and I believe my presence was 1 day over the minimum when I applied. In the last entry on my notes from the CBSA, I see my "Triage" level was bumped up by one during that last update in November because of "présence effective," and my current level now is even one more above that. (Don't know when that happened...)

Does anyone really know what these triage levels mean? (I looked on the forums here and didn't find anything conclusive.) Should I be worried, or does this sound fairly routine? I'm freaking out that I miscalculated or forgot a trip or something and that my application will be rejected for a difference of 1 or 2 days..... Thanks
What is the Triage Value? I had a Triage value and was worried, but I passed.

I don't think anyone knows definitely what it is but there are senior members that can offer better explanation. However, just for your peace of mind apply for entry/exit info from CBSA and cross-check with your declared Physical Presence sheet.

Reactions: inkomati

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
What is the Triage Value? I had a Triage value and was worried, but I passed.

I don't think anyone knows definitely what it is but there are senior members that can offer better explanation. However, just for your peace of mind apply for entry/exit info from CBSA and cross-check with your declared Physical Presence sheet.
It went from L1 to L2 last November. Now it's at L3. And thanks, I'll look into getting that info!

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
It went from L1 to L2 last November. Now it's at L3. And thanks, I'll look into getting that info!
Hi.
What is the status of your application now? I just have triage 1 and triage 2 with no level attached. Have you done your citizenship oath now? Wondering what triage means

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
Hi.
What is the status of your application now? I just have triage 1 and triage 2 with no level attached. Have you done your citizenship oath now? Wondering what triage means
Hi, no idea what it all means (there are probably some good threads here), but I got my citizenship in July. Good luck with everything :)