+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trent University, any idea??

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
Hi all,
I would like to know how is Trent University, it's reputation in terms of getting visa and job after completing the course. I would appreciate your support.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
hi thanks a lot for your input.
Im Pakistani national currently pursuing MSc Finance in Budapest and would like to do one year masters in financial analytics with modelling data science program in Trent. Big data analytics programs are available in Europe as well but that wont include its implications specifically on financial data. Im unavailable to find a course that would give deep understanding of data analytics, its applications using statistics, probability and quants related to finance and thats the reason I have no option but to chose Trent

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
Many university are there
University of Winnipeg
Lakehead University
Trent
University of Fraser Valley
U can check them
UWinnipeg & lakehead is best kne among them

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
University of Winnipeg
Lakehead University
Trent
U can check them
University of Winnipeg
Lakehead University
Trent
U can check them
Hire a good immigration agency
Who are ICCRC they can guide u in best way
And if u have good score u can choose top uni's

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn't consider Trent a leading university for business or finance. Don't know anything about this specific program though.

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
Well i too dont know about program but yes i can tell about universities trent is good but not as that much of UniOfWinnipeg, UfV

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given the program the OP is trying to apply for he wants to work in finance. These are the schools where companies will recruit from. Not sure about this specific program and reputation. Trent is considered a 2nd tier university.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
Dear Prakwalsharmaa & Canuck78,
Thanks a lot for providing the above options. I looked through them but the problem is data analytics course designed specifically to manipulate financial and statistical data is only provided by Trent. The other universities are offering big data science or data analytics programs which are quite general in nature and focused on more of general computer programming.

The course which is offered by Trent is specifically designated for corporate finance and risk management which I'm interested to get into.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would contact someone working in risk management and ask them the reputation of the program in the industry. Look at LinkedIn. I'm sure if you're brief and polite someone will get back to you.