+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tremendous job scarcity in Canada

sachinbapat

Oct 7, 2009
HI All,

This discussion is very nice n informative. keep it going guys...!!!!!! I am a new forum entrant here & already I am feeling educated about various issues concerning Canadian life.

But all in all the bottom line for every new immigrant (qualified or no) is that" Hard work & absolute focus on ur eventual goals always pays".

ur progress might be slow initially but as someone said earlier, u r bound to get noticed & then u start northards on ur career path.

I have already got my PR visa & am planning an April 2010 landing in calgary.

Come what may,I am going to make it successful in canada. Thats my goal......& I am gonna achieve it.

Last but not the least, New immirants need to understand that its they who have to merge with the canadian ways of living & working & its not the other way round. Its here that most of the so called unsuccessful immigrants fail.

Lets keep this discussion going.......

Regards,

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Exactly what I myself am doing right now. Brousing thoroughly the internet and the reality of daily life in Canada by travelling around Canada from time to time, talk to the ordinary people on the streets, shops, businesses etc, gaining information, checking out the possibilities, meanwhile trying to improve my English and off course not to lose my current job back home in Europe and save as much as I can in order to safeguard an uncertain future and at least a few months of "being jobless" being settled in Canada and making plans of how to spend and keep myself busy during that periode yet to come/arrive and figure out if I can volunteer in my future neighbourhood and help others? that way, network and make friends, meet the locals and get to know how to deal with my new environment and adjust my mentality to that of a really multi-cultural Canada unlike Europe where in some parts like the Netherlands, having a foreign neighbour means a nightmare to the whole neighbourhood as everybody is affraid of losing the value of its property!!!! and to subscribe to the English and French language programs provided by a colleage or a university as to be a certified native speaker when I finish the program and broaden my horizon to find a job and off course, being very careful with my spendings during those uncertain months.
Think positive, Know yourself, Focus, Work hard and never forget the main purpose of the big move!!!!
Canada is not the promised land, there is no promised land any longer, never on this planet actually, those times are long gone with the wind and forgotten, we live in a world that increasingly is becoming homogenous and identical.
Canada looks like Europe or USA, facing its own difficulties and issues and one should be aware of the fact that for those who work in IT those golden years of being succesful is over. Same rule for bankers or financial anaylists, economics etc.

Keep it to a low profile, dream and never give up and work your way up through a new life and never forget that each day is a fun day, an adventure to live through and experience and enjoy it for as long as it takes.
I wish you everybody who comes to Canada or wherever, succes and happiness and never give up.

Russell Gomes

Aug 28, 2009
Its good when the facts come to light... we need to think positive but also be aware of reality.

Its good we that are going to immigrate are preparing for the battle ahead.

All people are not the same, some make it some cannot, too many variables, and there are some

who are not thinking about the present but the next generation.

Been through the job sites, there are plenty of jobs, but we need to read between the lines,

the experience and qualification they ask for are canadian not overseas..... thats the reality

So what needs to be done ? thats the million dollar question.... lets have some more input now

from all bloggers on what we can do before we reach those foreign shores.....

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Russell Gomes said:
Its good when the facts come to light... we need to think positive but also be aware of reality.

Its good we that are going to immigrate are preparing for the battle ahead.

All people are not the same, some make it some cannot, too many variables, and there are some

who are not thinking about the present but the next generation.

Been through the job sites, there are plenty of jobs, but we need to read between the lines,

the experience and qualification they ask for are canadian not overseas..... thats the reality

So what needs to be done ? thats the million dollar question.... lets have some more input now

from all bloggers on what we can do before we reach those foreign shores.....
Yes that is sooooo true. Be willing to rise from the ranks. Doesn't mean you're manager from your previous job, employers will hire you as manager when you get to Canada. Be willing to start from the bottom and rise. They don't know you yet so you should prove what you can do. And only once with the organization can you do that. Look along the lines of your expertise.

Outbound

Jul 25, 2009
nasim15 said:
That is an encouraging reply! Thank you!!
Please understand that I am not posting this to offend you or anyone, these are only good advices that I learned when I came to the US long time ago;

- Learn English (Speak and Understand Well) - I know everyone says I know English, but not to that standard when you get here (Canada)
- Adopt Canadian Corporate Culture / Work enviroment, don't corner yourself once you get a job, be involved.
- Be Pro-active in all matters, including work.
- Be Flexible and ready to do anything in the beginning, keep looking for a dream job but at the same time pick-up whatever is available, they give the PR to you, did not promised your dream job
- Speak up and be a team player, don't stay behind if you have ideas - share them!!
- Get involve in the community - Internet, Gym, College etc. Get the word out what you are looking for
And last but not least, take another look at your personality/personal grooming, you may need to change it a bit the way you looked in your country, i.e. Not too much oil in the hairs, instead use Gel (this is an example).

I hope this get my point across.

Remember, Failure is the Pillar of Success ~ learn lessons from the failure and next time do it differently...Get ready to Accept Change!!!

Thanks,