Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
As I am in the final stage of approval I am very much interested to know about different aspects of Canada specially the job situation. Therefore, I am researching a lot on Canada. I came to know today a fact which gives a very gloomy picture of job situation in Canada and I want to share it with everybody.

One of my freind who got PR in 2004, went Canada leaving his job with great hope to be 'economically' established there but after 9 months of relentless effort he could not find an apparently 'descent' job and returned back in 2005 keeping his wife and child there.After returning back he joind his previous career (white color) and by this time has got two promotions and earning a descent salary.Mean time his wife and child got passport and they have returned to Bangladesh to join my friend. He says that his wife can now sponsor him, and if situation improves then only he will go back to Canada.

He also said that job situation in Canada is worst ever.His sister and brother in law is in Canada and got citizenship. They both are doing very good job at the moment but are in threat of loosing their job any time. Some of their colleagues have already lost their job and are in very distrss situation.

In such a situation finding job for NEW IMMIGRANT without CANADIAN EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS is very very tough,as he said.

So I caution everybody who are planning to move permanently leaving their job at home country to give a second thought before they take a final decision.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
ranjus said:
I also caution you that, death can strike any moment.
Brother, I did not discourage anybody to come to canada.What I intend is to caution not to dream too much. Look, I myself is an applicant.

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
Yes, finding a job is not an easy thing to do. But it depends on where you are and what you do. Some sectors (for example non-for-profit, nursing, IT) are still recession-proof. Job search engines daily show hundreds of new postings available, hiring is ongoing, it never stops. But, yes, labour market is highly, extremely competitive and, yes, a newcomer has to compete with those having Canadian education and experience. Take all of the advantages of your status - improve your language skills, join one of the job preparation programmes, start volunteering and job will find you one day. Very much likely your first job will be front line, not managerial and it may take a few years for you to progress to the position comparable with what you had before you moved. Each settlement story is unique but if you fight with the system you loose, if you work hard to you'll get it.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
That is an encouraging reply! Thank you!!

rezrahman

May 28, 2009
I don't know whether this helps but I know a person staying in Canada told me of a 90/10 formula. According to him 90% of the people always portray bad things and rest 10% are OK. Now it depends with whom you are talking to. It is sort of what Canada want you to be.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
Why do 90% people portray bad things? Is it because they deliberately do it so that no new competitor come?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe it's because the people who complain the loudest get the most attention.

Yes, it's tough economic times in Canada right now, on EVERYBODY. The mighty economy doesn't care about race, religion, colour or nationality. I am Canadian by birth and have always relied on my father's advice. He told me to do the jobs that no one else will do, learn your boss's job, and if you can't find work, make your own. He also told me that nobody likes a whiner. That last one is hard when things are tough. ;o) But he was right and it's worked for me so far.

Good luck to everyone coming to Canada. It's not paradise, it's cold, you have to work hard, and it's expensive. But at the end of the day, it's pretty darn good too.

jlacombe

Sep 19, 2009
I have an Alberta perspective. Back during the 'boom' it was difficult enough for foreign trained workers to find work in their field. The government responded by getting together a bunch of resources to help with the transistion, but of course it couldn't help everyone. Now there are less jobs for everyone. The agencies that are on the front lines of helping new Canadians are having a heck of time trying to find placements.

For me, it goes right back on the individual. It requires tenacity, perserverence and a whole lot of patience to endure. Culture shock is a very real thing, and it is ugly when that hits and you're stuck scrubbing toilets with your Master's degree in banking. There is no magic solution, except to do your research, have a plan and stick with it. I know plenty of immigrants who have done very well for themselves. I know others who just sit and whine about it. There are jobs out there, but no one is going to knock on your door offering a 90K a year job.

04el82

finding job is every where difficult:) if i am earning good enough in my country then why some one has to go canada.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People dream Big while they dont want to work hard and make that dream come true..........SO they blame Canada how stupid.
If you are a Manager in your country doing well Why on earth u want to move to Canada????? Why move to Canada and drive taxis, wash dishes and so on......

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The solution is simple: if you do not like Canada or the jobs here, do not come.

There is _no_ shortage of jobs in Canada. It is very, very easy to get a job. I got a job the same day I got my first work permit. The challenge is to get a _good_ job. Because lots of people want them, they are very competitive. If you are just worried about making some money to get started there are no issues and you can find a job immediately upon landing/getting a work permit.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
Some people here are misunderstanding the very massege I wanted to convey.

I did not give any judgement as to whether Canada is good or not neither am I supposed to do that.

I have already given my explanation in response to some stupid observations. I think I should reitereate it.

The fact should be revealed. Canada is not a bed of roses only as some people suppose.Like many parts of the world, which is very likely, to get a good job here is difficult.

The misconception about this fact is initially imprinted in the minds of the new immigrants by the CIC itself. The way they look for 'priority' NOC and transcript and job background and other things, it gives an impression that they are directly recruiting people for canadian job market.Some new immigrants think that as the initial screening is being done by the CIC, they will get their preferred job just after landing in Canada.Still very few people brouse the web to have thorough knowledge about the actual situation.

Ultimately what happens! Computer engineer sells burger in a fast food shop.

People who think that immediately after landing in canada they will get a job as per their home country profession is not a reality.

There are many people who are spreading frustration among new comers as they were under the impression of getting the 'gold mine' in Canada!

They thought that immediatly after landing they will get a job of their choice at Canada without realising the fact that in a foreign country they have to prove their worth in the job market.Because Canada's employers prefer canadian experience and qualifications.

If a person realize this fact and then ready him/herself accordingly to get an entry into canada's job market will be less frustrated and will in turn not spread frustration either.

I wanted to convey that message only.

Thnx.

nasim15

Russell Gomes

Aug 28, 2009
Life is diffcult every where we go. The Canadian government firstly makes it look like we are all
qualified for the canadian work scene, but when we reach there we learn the hard way about,
certification, Canadian qualification and Canadian experience.

Have we forgotten when we first started out we all stared out at the front end or at the floor.
We got our first break only after someone noticed our hard work.
We forget we are going to Canada for the future, and for or kids to have a better life.

So to attain or objective we need to be smart immigrants, Start by doing your homework as to the job you want to
do. I am sure you'll have seen that jobs that existed in the gulf and europe are just not there in Canada.

Take me for example I am an Instrument engineer, rather than go through the requalification and certification, I plan
to start out a plumbing business. Lets all not start grumbling but think out side the box.

Think positive first, and be prepared to work hard ...................you'll will suceed.