+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling with spouse on SOWP

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I am travelling in the next couple of days with my wife. I am on SOWP and I just need to be sure that I do not need an authorization letter from IRCC.
Anyone travelled recently with spouse can share their experience.

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
My airlines Etihad Airways has dropped the bomb on me at the 11th hour saying I need an authorization letter to travel together. I dont know where to run to now. Please help anyone!

userrandom23

Mar 3, 2021
My airlines Etihad Airways has dropped the bomb on me at the 11th hour saying I need an authorization letter to travel together. I dont know where to run to now. Please help anyone!

Hi - were you able to travel with your wife? We also have our flight soon with my wife on SOWP. How did you resolve the situation? Thank you!

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hi - were you able to travel with your wife? We also have our flight soon with my wife on SOWP. How did you resolve the situation? Thank you!
Hi

We were able to check in and travel to Toronto. The entire immigration process at the Toronto airport went very smoothly.

userrandom23

Mar 3, 2021
Hi

We were able to check in and travel to Toronto. The entire immigration process at the Toronto airport went very smoothly.

Thanks so much. So you did not need any written authorisation? Did you have to explain anything to the airline?

Appreciate your help!

userrandom23

Mar 3, 2021
Can you please help us by telling that if you get travel authorization after your initial refusal by etihad.

Please help
Hi Vijay - can you share your experience. We are travelling this weekend and want to make sure that we avoid any issues. Were you stopped as well?

RidhimaAbhi

Feb 23, 2019
Hi

Hi ,
So you were allowed to travel without Authorisation? Please suggest as my husband and I are also travelling in a few weeks.

TIA

userrandom23

Mar 3, 2021
Yes we were able to travel but after some hassle at the airport where a lot of documents were checked for my employment