+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling with national passport

Defina

Jan 21, 2020
Hi I came to Australia as refugee and now as PR. I know it is risky according to Canada Immigration Policy for a refugee to travel to third country with his national passport.
I just wondering is it also risky according to Australia Immigration Policy to do so? I have travel doc but the country doesnt accept RTD so I applied the visa using my national passport.
I had looking for information not so sure since no Australian Visa forum like this.

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi I came to Australia as refugee and now as PR since 2015. I know it is risky according to Canada Immigration Policy for a refugee to travel to third country with his national passport.
I just wondering is it also risky according to Australia Immigration Policy to do so? I have travel doc but the country my wife live doesnt accept RTD so I applied the visa using my national passport.
Really need advices, been so worry about it.
I had looking for information not so sure since no Australian Visa forum like this.
I can't comment on Australian law, but using your national passport means you are relying on your country again. So yes, I imagine the same risks apply in Australia.

Jan 10, 2017
Hi I came to Australia as refugee and now as PR since 2015. I know it is risky according to Canada Immigration Policy for a refugee to travel to third country with his national passport.
I just wondering is it also risky according to Australia Immigration Policy to do so? I have travel doc but the country my wife live doesnt accept RTD so I applied the visa using my national passport.
Really need advices, been so worry about it.
I would say to contact an immigration lawyer and take appropriate advise on this matter, as you could lose your refugee status in Australia.