+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling with Expired COPR VISA and AL

Pradip83

Dec 21, 2020
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience. We are a family of 3 (wife, daughter and myself) from India. Got our COPR and one time travel VISA on November 2019. I travelled to Canada on January 3rd, 2020 and got my PR card within 1 month. Plan was to rent a place, set all furniture and everything else and bring family to Canada on April. However family was not able to Travel due to Covid.

COPR Visa and medical expired on Sep 22, 2020. Raised 1st webform on September 30. Got generic response that 'request was forwarded to concerned department'. Raised 4 more web forms after that. Same response. Finally got my AL last Friday. No need to send passport again or re-medical . AL valid till February, 2021.

Plan is to fly on 1st Jan, transiting through Dubai. Hope my wife and daughter faces no issues because of the expired visa.

Reactions: mandymoran

Jkdumapit

Dec 27, 2020
Hello, thank you for this update.
I have the same situation me and my husband is here inside canada but our child is still in our home country. The immigration contacted us we replied right away but until now we havent receive anything.
can you please clarify aboutwhatyou said that no need for the passport and medical?
Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Pradip83

Dec 21, 2020
HI,

Please find below extract from the authorization letter from IRCC . Hope this helps.

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians. Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on 2019/11/01 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport. As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions. As your CoPR XXXXXXX and PR visa XXXXXXX expired on 2020/09/22, we have extended their validity until 2021/04/29. At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils.
For your travel to Canada, you will need to:
bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa
show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.
use this letter before 2021/02/16

Jkdumapit

Dec 27, 2020
HI,

Please find below extract from the authorization letter from IRCC . Hope this helps.

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians. Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on 2019/11/01 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport. As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions. As your CoPR XXXXXXX and PR visa XXXXXXX expired on 2020/09/22, we have extended their validity until 2021/04/29. At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils.
show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.
Thank you very much i raised a webform again and hopefully get an answer like this. I am very greatful for your willingness to help others.
Good luck to uour family i pray they get here without any problem. Happy new year to u and family.

tommybenet965

Nov 25, 2020
HI,

show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired COPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.
Hi Pradip
my wife she is from India COPR AND VISA EXPIRED ON APRIL 9 she is applied under spousal sponsor ship we couldn't travel that then we raised a web form we are ready to tarvel on time got a reply from IRRC on 30 th OCT 2020 like this '' The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired. A new IME must be done. Once the results of the new IME are received, we will be able to extend the validity of your CRDP and VRP, and issue a letter of authorization. '' But after that we raised 2 web form requesting medical but i haven't received any reply have you received any reply like this. or if you received likes this did you gone for medical exam.
Thank you

Vijay0483

Feb 6, 2021
Hello,
I would like to share my case . My Copr expired and we received both AL and PPR request. Since we got a PPR request mail from NDVO so sent our passports on 24th Dec 2020 . My AL expired on 16 th Feb 21 . Booked my tickets on 3rd Feb , but could not travel as i did not receive my passport. So Passport not received before AL expiry..then what will IRCC do . Will they stamp my passport. I am worried as it has already been 40 days and still not received.
Will IRCC extend my AL as the delay is from Canada High Commission at New Delhi. Kindly advise.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
How long does IRcc take respond to webform message? I sent mine 5 weeks ago and no answer at all. I ask because I want to move Canada next month.