+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling while PR application in process

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts!

I have submitted my EE profile with spouse accompanied recently. We both are in Canada on work permit. We are planning to travel to Pakistan for around 4 months. I have a few questions:

1. It travelling would affect our application?
2. Our work permit would be expired by then so how would we reenter Canada ?
3. Is it advisable to travel after PR or that doesn’t matter?

Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello experts!

I have submitted my EE profile with spouse accompanied recently. We both are in Canada on work permit. We are planning to travel to Pakistan for around 4 months. I have a few questions:

1. It travelling would affect our application?
2. Our work permit would be expired by then so how would we reenter Canada ?
3. Is it advisable to travel after PR or that doesn’t matter?

Thanks
1. won't affect much, just let IRCC know that you will be in Pakistan for the duration.
2. if your WP expires, you can enter using a visitor visa or through your PR. IIRC, you will also get your BOWP too, so you can use that too.
3. Travel after PR is a little complicated. It all depends upon whether you get your PR card fast or slow. For me, I got my PR card in less than a month of landing, for my dependent, no PR card yet! So my dependent can't really travel outside without going through the hassle of PRTD, but I can travel without any issues. That makes it a bit complicated for anyone who intend to travel right after getting eCoPR.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
1. won't affect much, just let IRCC know that you will be in Pakistan for the duration.
2. if your WP expires, you can enter using a visitor visa or through your PR. IIRC, you will also get your BOWP too, so you can use that too.
3. Travel after PR is a little complicated. It all depends upon whether you get your PR card fast or slow. For me, I got my PR card in less than a month of landing, for my dependent, no PR card yet! So my dependent can't really travel outside without going through the hassle of PRTD, but I can travel without any issues. That makes it a bit complicated for anyone who intend to travel right after getting eCoPR.
Thank you ! Do you know the answer to this ? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bowp-with-accompanied-spouse.830653/