+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling Via Moterial/Quebec while Final Destination is NS/Halifax..!!? help!

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Due to the limited choices for flights to Novascotia / Halifax, the only route available is through Montreal/Qubec.. I mean connection flight through there...!!

Please advise if this is possible or will cause issues at the Airport? If you guys have reference from CIC website then would highly appreciate..

MANY thanks for your fast response!

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Are you doing your landing or are you asking for a different purpose?

If it is about your PR landing, then thats not an issue at all. Just show them your connecting flight, make sure you have enough time between flights for the formalities and everything else should work just fine.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:

If it is about your PR landing, then thats not an issue at all. Just show them your connecting flight, make sure you have enough time between flights for the formalities and everything else should work just fine.
Thanks for your answer,

Yes .. this is regarding the landing formalities.. its only a question regarding first point of entry, I will have my flight to Halifax in 4 hrs after landing in Montreal.. so will not leave even the airport.. I dont want any troubles later on..

So what do you think? will that delay my PR since its Montreal? or that will make no difference at all and should be just fine?!

Thanks again..

toludee

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
A quick question can i do my first landing in Quebec, even though am FSW , my aunt stays there. or i have to do it at any other place and then move to quebec?

Andre_Smol said:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
toludee said:
A quick question can i do my first landing in Quebec, even though am FSW , my aunt stays there. or i have to do it at any other place and then move to quebec?
You have to demonstrate that you plan to settle outside of Quebec. You will need to provide an address outside of Quebec where you PR card can be mailed.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You have to demonstrate that you plan to settle outside of Quebec. You will need to provide an address outside of Quebec where you PR card can be mailed.
So If we have the address in the Final Destination which is not in Quebec and our connection flight is already booked, then that wouldnt be a problem?

Or this Quebec thing will delay the PR since its done in Quebec?

Thanks for ur answer!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maverickjo said:
So If we have the address in the Final Destination which is not in Quebec and our connection flight is already booked, then that wouldnt be a problem?

Thanks for ur answer!
you have to complete landing formalities at the first POE into Canada given if nothing else Montreal to Halifax is a domestic flight so no opportunity to do so when you land in Halifax.

As syclla indicates just explain your final destination is Halifax, provide an address for your PR card to be sent in NS and you should be fine. After all Quebec is still part of Canada last time I looked, although some people there still dream of some level of independance.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Maverickjo said:

Thanks for ur answer!
If you show them the connecting flight ticket, there wont be an issue. You will just do your landing at the airport in Montreal and then take your flight to your final destination.

You cannot wait to do your landing at your final destination.

willi

May 26, 2015
Has anybody landed in Montreal but final destination is else where?. Please share your experience so we can know for sure it is possible and will not create any problem. Thanks.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
willi said:
Has anybody landed in Montreal but final destination is else where?. Please share your experience so we can know for sure it is possible and will not create any problem. Thanks.
Its definitely not a problem. As mentioned by others anove, just make sure you have an address that is outside of quebec to send your pr card to and show them your connecting flight ticket and you will be fine.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Not a problem. Happens all the time.

You will do landing interview with CBSA people at Montreal. Just show the officer your connecting flight to Halifax and maybe a rental agreement or reception outside Quebec to show that you are not settling in Quebec per Express entry requirement. They shouldn't give you trouble.

willi

May 26, 2015
Thanks a lot for your feed back to my question. Most grateful for your time and responds.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willi said:
Thanks a lot for your feed back to my question. Most grateful for your time and responds.
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread..

BTW I contacted the authorities at the province and they confirmed it's fine.. so clear now for everyone..

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Hello,
Sorry for digging out this old post.
Is it ok to show them Montreal - Ottawa train tickets instead of plane tickets ? We are travelling with a baby and from our home country, there are only 8 hours direct flights to Montreal, If we would go directly to toronto or ottawa it would take 14 to 15 hours including 3 hours layovers which is too much for a baby.
Please advice and thanks in advance.

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hello,
Sorry for digging out this old post.
Is it ok to show them Montreal - Ottawa train tickets instead of plane tickets ? We are travelling with a baby and from our home country, there are only 8 hours direct flights to Montreal, If we would go directly to toronto or ottawa it would take 14 to 15 hours including 3 hours layovers which is too much for a baby.
Please advice and thanks in advance.
hi man did u land finally