+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling via Montreal for the first time

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hello,

I am planning to travel to Winnipeg from India for the first time on a spouse open work permit visa with my kid (4.5 years old study permit) via Montreal. My layover at Montreal is around 6hrs. Is 6hrs enough to complete the immigration process? Also, is the immigration is smooth at Montreal?

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am planning to travel to Winnipeg from India for the first time on a spouse open work permit visa with my kid (4.5 years old study permit) via Montreal. My layover at Montreal is around 6hrs. Is 6hrs enough to complete the immigration process? Also, is the immigration is smooth at Montreal?

Thanks in advance!
Plenty of time. As for smooth depends on various things - number of international flights landing at same time, weather, staffing etc. It is smoother than Toronto.

Reactions: Darvin

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Plenty of time. As for smooth depends on various things - number of international flights landing at same time, weather, staffing etc. It is smoother than Toronto.
Thank you for the response. The reason why I asked is because some of them said the immigration officers ask a lot of questions on your first entry at Montreal than Toronto.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the response. The reason why I asked is because some of them said the immigration officers ask a lot of questions on your first entry at Montreal than Toronto.
Sure they will ask you questions but not for 6 hours. You have plenty of time.

Reactions: Darvin