+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to US after aoth ceremony

Jas dhilwan

Oct 16, 2017
Hi
I have my oath ceremony coming on june25
But gotta travel to the USA on july 1 long weekend.
Do i need a passport to enter/exit USA and canada or i can use my citizenship certificate?
Thanks

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Do i need a passport to enter/exit USA and canada or i can use my citizenship certificate?
Thanks
If you're travelling by land, the certificate will work on the Canadian side, but you need a passport to enter the USA. If travelling by air, you need a passport going both directions. In summary, you need a passport.

Reactions: user828

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi
Thanks
You might be able to get your passport by the end of the day on Friday 29, providing you have all the supporting documents for express processing.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi
Thanks
Do you have a passport from another country, currently? That will suffice for getting into the US. And as noted, the certificate will be fine if coming back to Canada by land, but not by air.

hmirzaei

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
In a similar situation, I have to travel the same day as my oath to US. I can have the passport to be mailed to US address.

My question is, can I drop of the application after oath (where in Vancouver?) and they process it after 2 days when I become eligible for passport in the system?

I am willing to pay the 100$ extra fee for the passport to be mailed to US.

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
It was after 2 business days you can apply for a passport here in Calgary when I had the citizenship oath 2 months ago.

Reactions: hmirzaei

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In a similar situation, I have to travel the same day as my oath to US. I can have the passport to be mailed to US address.

My question is, can I drop of the application after oath (where in Vancouver?) and they process it after 2 days when I become eligible for passport in the system?

I am willing to pay the 100$ extra fee for the passport to be mailed to US.
I don't think you can drop it off early but you can always give them a call and find out? Another option would be to mail in the application...that way it for sure would arrive after you are in the system at service Canada....

Reactions: hmirzaei