+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to India without TRV

Abhinandhan

Apr 10, 2018
Hello Guys,
I have applied for TRV for my work permit on November-10th but I didn't get any passport request yet. I have to go to India on an urgent basis. So what should I do in this case. Can I travel without transit visa and apply for TRV from India before travelling to Canada.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Again it is not transit! It is Temporary Residence Visa.
You can travel outward but you will not be able to come back until you are granted a TRV, you dont need to apply again in India if you have already applied, you will simply take your passport request letter to your nearest VFS.

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
Hello,

I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process.

If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??

And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC, or Mumbai VFS?

Thank you in advance.

sahiljain823

Feb 5, 2020
Hello,

I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process.

If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??

And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC, or Mumbai VFS?

Thank you in advance.
Hey
Any update?
I am in the same situation.
I applied on 15th Nov and still haven’t heard from CIC.

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
Hey
Any update?
I am in the same situation.
I applied on 15th Nov and still haven’t heard from CIC.
Like have you mailed your query to CIC or IRCC and haven't heard or you applied TRV on 15th Nov and no update on that?? And when & where are you traveling??
I mailed IRCC yesterday about my issue now waiting for any response.

sahiljain823

Feb 5, 2020
I applied for my TRV on 15th November and then I mailed my query on 16th November, but I still haven’t got any reply from CIC.

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
I applied for my TRV on 15th November and then I mailed my query on 16th November, but I still haven’t got any reply from CIC.
When I mailed them & filled Web form it says "We won't reply to you if your application is under process'' Today I tried calling IRCC but it doesn't connects to their agent, I'm looking for other options now

sahiljain823

Feb 5, 2020
I am going to india. I am not going to wait for the TRV. Today IRCC agents told, after your passport is requested, it can take upto 3 weeks. I can’t wait that long

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
How did you contact IRCC agents?? I tried today but couldn't... And have you consulted about any approval if we can submit our passport for stamping in India??? Where do you live in India.

sahiljain823

Feb 5, 2020
I will suggest you to apply again but this time apply from outside canada ( living inside canada )
Till the time your application is processed you will be in India!

sahiljain823

Feb 5, 2020
For the most part YES you can apply for PGWP from outside Canada!
Honestly, it is even better if you apply from outside Canada! You get to be in India without wasting your WORK PERMIT duration!

sahiljain823

Feb 5, 2020
How did you contact IRCC agents?? I tried today but couldn't... And have you consulted about any approval if we can submit our passport for stamping in India??? Where do you live in India.
Quick Update!
I talked to an CIC Agent this morning, she told me I can go to INDIA even my application is in process! And whenever I get a passport request from them, I will need to write a WEB FORM and tell them the situation and request them weather I can submit my passport in Indian Passport office!

sahiljain823

Feb 5, 2020
Yes!
I applied for PGWP on 10th March and I got it all the way on 27th August. Nothing is promised. Are you planning to go to INDIA?