+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Home country

jsuhani15

Mar 30, 2018
hi all,
I have a query regarding, i am going to India after my final semester in April and will be returning back in 1 week of June, i have my study permit which will expire on 31 Aug 2018. As my college International advisor told I wont be able to apply my PGWP before 1 week of June. So can i reenter in Canada in 1 week of June as i will be having email of my convocation dates and all details? My convocation will be on 13 June 2018

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but no reason why not assuming you have a valid TRV still .Of course ultimately will be upto the CBSA agent at the border not what anyone says here . Others have done the same, and as long as all paperwork is in order with you when you travel back is no different than leaving and coming back during a course break.

Same advice given to everyone is to be honest with CBSA but do not volunteer unnecessary information, only answer questions asked and you should be fine.

416life

Mar 31, 2018
I would like to share a story of my friend who went to college with me abt 6 years ago. After completing last semester he went to india to see his family and his plans were to apply for work permit after he comes back from india because he was still waiting for his transcript and official confirmation from college and unfortunately when he landed back in canada he got sent back to india because his purpose of visit to canada was to study and after finishing his course why he is comming back to canada....these were the exact words of CBSA officer its sad but true. If you can apply for work permit i would recommend you to get your work permit and than go.