+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to home country while PR application is in Progress - AOR

AnotherSingh

Oct 22, 2020
I am on closed WP in Canada and applying for PR. I have home country PCC completed recently before the application is picked.
- If I am travelling to my home country for couple of months after submitting the application and AOR, do I need to get another PCC done?
- If I travel now and come back and then submit by documents, will I need new PCC?

Please help !! Need to travel for parents medical needs

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I am on closed WP in Canada and applying for PR. I have home country PCC completed recently before the application is picked.
- If I am travelling to my home country for couple of months after submitting the application and AOR, do I need to get another PCC done?
- If I travel now and come back and then submit by documents, will I need new PCC?

Please help !! Need to travel for parents medical needs
You'll need it to be issued after the last time you've been there for 6 months or more. If you leave for a couple months, you won't need a new one. If you leave for more than 6 months you will need a new one if you have not applied yet. If you already applied and leaver for 6 months or longer, you will not need a new one.

Make sure to let IRCC know about any address change.

Best advice would be to submit your application and then leave. Why wait?