+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada with an infant from India on visitors

Oct 15, 2016
Hello all,

I’m a Canadian PR female married and working and living in Canada with my spouse( no children). I would like to invite my sister with her new born baby to visit Canada. This includes my sister’s husband too. My sister as well as her husband and the new born and Indian citizens and do not possess a travel visa yet.. They would like to stay for 2 months. They do have previous travel history of visiting European countries.

How easy/difficult is it to get travel visa approved for them ?
If approved what are the things to keep in mind as they are travelling with a new born baby?

Thanks for your time.
Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello all,

I’m a Canadian PR female married and working and living in Canada with my spouse( no children). I would like to invite my sister with her new born baby to visit Canada. This includes my sister’s husband too. My sister as well as her husband and the new born and Indian citizens and do not possess a travel visa yet.. They would like to stay for 2 months. They do have previous travel history of visiting European countries.

How easy/difficult is it to get travel visa approved for them ?
If approved what are the things to keep in mind as they are travelling with a new born baby?

Thanks for your time.
Looking forward for your valuable inputs.
1. Is the baby physically fit to travel?

2. A visit of two months indicates weak ties to India

3. Which countries in Europe? When? Purpose and duration of those visits?

Oct 15, 2016
1. Is the baby physically fit to travel?

2. A visit of two months indicates weak ties to India

3. Which countries in Europe? When? Purpose and duration of those visits?
Hi Bryanna,

1. Yes. The baby is physically fit. 5 months old.

2. Visiting got 2 months as she is on maternity leave and will resume her work only post 4 months.

3. European countries visited are France, Netherlands, Switzerland. It was for tourism.

Oct 15, 2016
Hi Bryanna,

1. Yes. The baby is physically fit. 5 months old.

2. Visiting got 2 months as she is on maternity leave and will resume her work only post 4 months.

3. European countries visited are France, Netherlands, Switzerland. Overall trip duration was 2 weeks. Travelled in April 2018. It was for tourism.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. A 5-month baby is strong enough to travel.

2. How is her husband able to take two months off from his employment?

3. Their recent visit to Europe was with a tourism company, right?

Oct 15, 2016
1. A 5-month baby is strong enough to travel.

2. How is her husband able to take two months off from his employment?

3. Their recent visit to Europe was with a tourism company, right?
Actually, her husband will be travelling with her but will be staying for only 15 or 20 days. And my parents are coming along with my sister too. My parents already do possess Canadian visitors visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Actually, her husband will be travelling with her but will be staying for only 15 or 20 days. And my parents are coming along with my sister too. My parents already do possess Canadian visitors visa.
With the entire family visiting, your sister would need to prove she has exceptionally strong ties to return to. It's probably not a good idea for her husband to apply

Oct 15, 2016
With the entire family visiting, your sister would need to prove she has exceptionally strong ties to return to. It's probably not a good idea for her husband to apply
Oh I see. Thanks for your reply Bryanna.
Since my sister is in her mat leave, we thought this would be the best time to travel with the entire family. Her husband works in India and will be taking vacation for 15 or 20days. He would be returning to India post that due to his ties with work and his family in India. It would be good to have parents too to take care of her baby while she is here.
This was the idea we had.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh I see. Thanks for your reply Bryanna.
Since my sister is in her mat leave, we thought this would be the best time to travel with the entire family. Her husband works in India and will be taking vacation for 15 or 20days. He would be returning to India post that due to his ties with work and his family in India. It would be good to have parents too to take care of her baby while she is here.
This was the idea we had.
Being on mat leave does not help her application.

Again, she would need to prove she has other reasons to return to India. Stating a visit of to months is certainly not advisable.

The chances of a TRV approval for her husband would also depend on his ties to India + financial situation, etc.

I recommend you go through this forum for suggestions to prepare their applications. You can then post any specific queries

Oct 15, 2016
Being on mat leave does not help her application.

Again, she would need to prove she has other reasons to return to India. Stating a visit of to months is certainly not advisable.

The chances of a TRV approval for her husband would also depend on his ties to India + financial situation, etc.

I recommend you go through this forum for suggestions to prepare their applications. You can then post any specific queries
Sue will follow this forum for more details.
Her husband’s parents/family and his property is in India .
My sister’s ties would be her retuning to work and be with her husband.