+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada with a new passport where the mother's name has been changed.

likhon121

May 25, 2024
Hi, I have a valid open work permit visa on my old passport. I have been issued a new passport because my mother's name was incorrect on my old password. So, I corrected my mother's name on all documents, such as my Birth certificate and National Identity card, and then issued a new passport.

So, currently, my mother's name doesn't match the old password; in this case, can I travel to Canada with a new passport (I will bring my old passport)? Is there any problem I have to face on the immigration/border?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So, currently, my mother's name doesn't match the old password; in this case, can I travel to Canada with a new passport (I will bring my old passport)? Is there any problem I have to face on the immigration/border?
Canada does not include parents' names on passports, nor pay attention to what you may have there about your parents.

likhon121

May 25, 2024
Thanks for your response. I am Bangladeshi and travelling to Canada with an open work permit visa.

My visa is on the old passport, and I have been issued a new passport with the corrected mother's name. You mean the parents' information is not mentioned on the visa, so it will not be an issue, am I right?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your response. I am Bangladeshi and travelling to Canada with an open work permit visa.

My visa is on the old passport, and I have been issued a new passport with the corrected mother's name. You mean the parents' information is not mentioned on the visa, so it will not be an issue, am I right?
Yes. As long as your name and birthdate (and whatever else mentioned on visa) match, should be ok.