+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada on Study visa

harmol

Jul 25, 2017
Hello,

I am a Jan 2021 applicant, and I got my visa approval in March. Now I have booked my flight to Canada for Apr 20.
But today my friend told me that International students can only travel to Canada by taking direct flights only? Is it true ?????
The flight I have booked is by British Airways with the stayover in London for 4 hrs?

Has someone experienced this ? Please share you experience here as I am really worried.

Gilljas

Nov 9, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
I am supposed to travel to Canada on 19th, i got my study visa for May 2021 intake for St. Clair college, Windsor. When i asked for my private 11 day isolation plan's approval, the college rejected the same saying that i have to opt for their specified isolation plan. None of their dates available coincide with my travel date and the nearest possible is 21 May. Can you please let me know if there is anyway i can get my own plan approved by the college ? My ticket is non adjustable, please guide me regarding the same.

slstu2020

Oct 21, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
06-09-2020
Med's Request
25-09-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-01-2021
Hello,

I am a Jan 2021 applicant, and I got my visa approval in March. Now I have booked my flight to Canada for Apr 20.
But today my friend told me that International students can only travel to Canada by taking direct flights only? Is it true ?????
The flight I have booked is by British Airways with the stayover in London for 4 hrs?

Has someone experienced this ? Please share you experience here as I am really worried.
Your friend is very jealous of you or he might be on drugs. No such rule exists. Get your documents correct and have the quarantine plan in your hand. Safe travel buddy.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello,

Usually, you need to apply for a UK transit visa.
With Covid there have been some changes. Please read below:
As per the air bubble agreement, you can't transit through UK

United Kingdom (UK)

India has created an air travel arrangement with the United Kingdom. Indian and UK carriers are now permitted to operate services between India and UK and carry the following categories of persons on such flights:

A. From India to UK

i. Stranded UK nationals/residents, foreign nationals transiting through UK or spouses of these persons, whether accompanying or otherwise;

ii. Any Indian national holding any type of valid UK visa and destined for UK only. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian nationals to enter UK with the particular visa category before issue of ticket/ boarding pass to the Indian passenger; and

iii. Seamen of foreign nationalities; Seamen holding Indian passports would be allowed subject to clearance from the Ministry of Shipping

Reactions: harmol

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Your friend is very jealous of you or he might be on drugs. No such rule exists. Get your documents correct and have the quarantine plan in your hand. Safe travel buddy.
There's this weird air bubble agreement that won't let students board flights via British Airways, see above.

Reactions: harmol

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I am supposed to travel to Canada on 19th, i got my study visa for May 2021 intake for St. Clair college, Windsor. When i asked for my private 11 day isolation plan's approval, the college rejected the same saying that i have to opt for their specified isolation plan. None of their dates available coincide with my travel date and the nearest possible is 21 May. Can you please let me know if there is anyway i can get my own plan approved by the college ? My ticket is non adjustable, please guide me regarding the same.
You have to follow the guidelines of Public Health Canada and your College.

When you land, you will have to provide the details of the address where you will isolate. If your College already has a plan you will gave to go ahead with it and request them to accommodate you.